• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Custom sailcloth strap

bhduck

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/12/16
Hi. Aside from the rep strap on my 50f being horrible quality, I have fat wrists…

Can anyone recommend a source of custom made sailcloth straps that’s both close to the gen but XL as well? Or I’d buy a gen strap if I didn’t need to provide a serial number ????

c740f71d29b60c29ebdd332f302ebd63.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

josephag94

Vintage enthusiast
24/2/20
USA
I can vouch for artem. It is as good or almost as good as the gen blancpain strap for an affordable price. I have it on my PO 39.5
0397ae7198ac94405313f533418f4ea5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdrex28

Looking Around
1/7/22
Any idea of a good strap company that would make a Khaki/Camel colored one for the Barakuda? I'm toying with this combo and I think it would look really good, but I'm not having great luck in finding anything other than Black/Navy.

Reactions: Seamusflood

Seamusflood

I'm Pretty Popular
29/8/16
Any idea of a good strap company that would make a Khaki/Camel colored one for the Barakuda? I'm toying with this combo and I think it would look really good, but I'm not having great luck in finding anything other than Black/Navy.

Me too
I can't find white or cream sailcloth straps anywhere

Sent from the RWI App

Frank_NRW

24/2/22
France / Germany
Yes I am also underwhelmed by the sailcloth strap. I'm happy with the quality but am looking for something wider, I feel that the strap is too narrow for the watch, it's crying for something with more diving karma. Not seen anything in Google. Was thinking of shark mesh or rubber ? Or some kind of marine bund strap ? Any creative idea ?

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
Yes I am also underwhelmed by the sailcloth strap. I'm happy with the quality but am looking for something wider, I feel that the strap is too narrow for the watch, it's crying for something with more diving karma. Not seen anything in Google. Was thinking of shark mesh or rubber ? Or some kind of marine bund strap ? Any creative idea ?
Thestraptailor.com

I believe he makes custom straps.

Frank_NRW

24/2/22
France / Germany
Ah yes, I have also looked at the Dangerous9straps web site.
Lovely straps, they cost almost as much as my 50 fathoms rep.
But I now understand my problem. I need a curved end strap to fill the gap with the watch case.
And the lugs are 23mm so that will seriously reduce my choice. Hey, it's never simple...
See Dangerous 9 photo below...curved end but leather...sailcloth would work better for me.

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
sailcloth would be amazing indeed.

Though expensive- a nice strap can elevate a rep watch to an even higher level

Reactions: kidcreole

mosscade

Horology Curious
17/6/14
I bought a gen sailcloth and was quite disappointed, no high quality, not very strong

romito_21

5/5/19
i am struggling to find a good 23mm sail cloth in a xl size too!
someone please help haha

Alfasud

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/1/19
Artem, but in general not a fan of sail cloth. Not particularly comfortable and don't last well in harsh conditions. Get Blancpain are no better !

Reactions: romito_21

romito_21

5/5/19

where would this come from??
i want one like this haha i just found it scouring the forum here…

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
Most of you did not understand the OP Question, that he ( and same do i) are looking for a close to Gen Blancpain Sailcloth Strap IN XL SIZE!

All the ones you mentioned, are not in XL Size, most of them are more like extra small ones.

Artem has a quite superior Quality, but it wont help, if he cannot wear this Strap ffs. and Artem is not willing to sell you large Straps, not even if you drop a ton full of Gold on them, trust me, i tried before.

And i have not seen 1 single successfull Attempt to solve the Issue (23mm Lug, 20mm Clasp, Navy with Navy Stitching, 5 mm padded, 135/85 ish).

So if someone (OP, maybe) REALLY has bought a XL Sailcloth Strap for BP, then pls share the Information.

Reactions: romito_21

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
Ok. I did not find the optimal Sailcloth Strap for Blancpain in XL Size.

The largest one was 125/80 (My Rep one is 122/75) so i opted for this Zuludiver Navyblue Sailcloth.

The Pattern is different from BP, less Padding, you gotto remove the quickmounting Bars from the Strap and cut a little to make the Notch for the Buckle wider….

Its quite Ok, see pictures. Whats worst is the width of just 22mm which is more visible then i expected.

At least it was not expensive.
Next time, i would choose a Gen BP Strap in XL, even if its durability is not better, then the Rep-Strap

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
This shop will make you a custom sailcloth.
I bought some straps from them. Not cheap but not extortionate either. Never seen better sailcloth.

The 23mm is not listed of course but you can ask.

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
This shop will make you a custom sailcloth.
I bought some straps from them. Not cheap but not extortionate either. Never seen better sailcloth.

The 23mm is not listed of course but you can ask.

I bought from them before (no Sailcloth), but was not very happy with the result (they delivered something different then what was ordered, promissed to resend and never kept that).

Maybe worth another try in the future.

• Sad
Reactions: Karbon74