• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Custom dials aka replica dials?

Fl0w77

Supporter
Certified
3/4/18
You have the IQ of a fucking chicken.

​​​

Coming from the one who believed i was referring to Rep TD's building watches? When they're just middleman between factories, I don't think i'm the stupid one, since you also avoided every single point i made. Once again i think you're severely confused.

Fl0w77

Supporter
Certified
3/4/18
It was the non Gen dials being bought by grey market dealers that got me

Well you will see alot of grey market dealers sell datejust models which have been swapped to more desirable dials so it's not a surprising. They change them to make better margins. I'm sure they also offer existing owners dial swaps if wanted.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Is it that simple though ? Like devils advocate here, if you buy a replacement non factory part for your Nissan GTR is it a fake GTR now ?

If the car was still under warranty then you would have invalidated the warranty. Nissan might not tell your car is fake, but Rolex policy is perfectly clear, if all parts on the watch are not 100% genuine, unmodified Rolex parts, then the watch is considered to be a non-authentic Rolex (i.e. counterfeit) and they will refuse to service it or recognise it as a Rolex.

My question simply was "if i bought a dial from a td on the forum would it fit a gen watch?"

And the answer is 'That depends' - is the dial made to the same specifications as a genuine dial ?