• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Current quality of dhgate reps

phillips555b

Certified
1/9/23
I've heard people talk badly of dhgate reps over the years , I have bought a couple in the last year and thought they were pretty decent apart from a cheap movement. My philosophy has always been it's cheaper to replace a cheap movement every few years rather than pay for repair of a decent movement. Any thoughts 🤔

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
I've heard people talk badly of dhgate reps over the years , I have bought a couple in the last year and thought they were pretty decent apart from a cheap movement. My philosophy has always been it's cheaper to replace a cheap movement every few years rather than pay for repair of a decent movement. Any thoughts 🤔
I personally think for the cash involved they're pretty good, especially the Breitling sports watch that did the rounds a few months back. Still get some howlers but that's part of the fun! 😂

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
It's also just loads of fun (for me anyway) to find a new seller, buy something and have no idea whether it's gonna be decent or not 😂

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
I've bought a few, as mentioned above, you have to suss out how to pick a decent seller.

Most turned up fine, as good as the cheapies from TD's, in fact I do believe some of them are identical, and only a couple were dog rough ;)

My biggest surprise was the twit who sold me a Deepsea Challenge that he (obviously now) didn't have, after a long delay I started a dispute, and the very next day Tracking went live, the parcel was moving.

When I got the parcel, the cheeky twat had substituted a regular Deepsea Sea Dweller, but after serious inspection it was a very good Seadweller, and not being stupid enough to return it for a never to get refund, as it was on my wtb list I kept it and just left crap feedback 😉

Snooky

Came for the reps, stayed for the banter!
Supporter
23/11/23
UK
I’ve bought a couple off the Gate, mainly to test out whether I like the look / size of a watch before I invest in a better ‘Reptime’ piece (or dare I say gen).

The only thing is, for the ones I do then upgrade I’m left with a ‘Chinatime’ level piece that gets no wrist time, as the quality difference can’t be unseen once those VSFs / ZFs arrive in the post 🤩

• Love
Reactions: Nono92 and Dave2302

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
I’ve bought a couple off the Gate, mainly to test out whether I like the look / size of a watch before I invest in a better ‘Reptime’ piece (or dare I say gen).

The only thing is, for the ones I do then upgrade I’m left with a ‘Chinatime’ level piece that gets no wrist time, as the quality difference can’t be unseen once those VSFs / ZFs arrive in the post 🤩
try listing the cheapies for 50-75% of what you paid. You would be surprised at how fast they go.

Reactions: Dave2302 and Snooky

Yellowhammerwatches

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/1/24
I have been buying some as donor for Moonswatches mods

surprisingly good as long as you remember how little you paid. I would also add that for quartz reps, it's the only decent source really
Yep they're better than the gen moonswatch in my opinion. At least you can pop the case back off these unlike gen. $26 is what the real deal is worth and you can't tell the difference in person unless you flip it over and find the case back seam.