• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CrPO WITH GEN CRYSTAL!!!!

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Thanks sunny, if it wasn't for some of your advice I probably would not have tried this.

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
Up this goes! I just ordered one of these with updated crystal after thinking of selling my gen SOH and getting a gen of this...all thanks to you dsmdave!

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Wow!!! What have I done!!!! I can't wait to see pics if you do.

sunnydale

29/8/09
Wow!!! What have I done!!!! I can't wait to see pics if you do.

Sure, in 1-2 weeks you will get a gen-rep comparison because I am getting both!:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: I am killing myself:headdesk:

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Sure, in 1-2 weeks you will get a gen-rep comparison because I am getting both!:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: I am killing myself:headdesk:

You know that you are going to make all the CrPO owners sad, because the gen will blow the rep away. :D:
Which model did you get of the 8500?

sunnydale

29/8/09
You know that you are going to make all the CrPO owners sad, because the gen will blow the rep away. :D:
Which model did you get of the 8500?

Hopefully the rep is pretty close to a gen, at least seems that the caseback has now right markings in V2 (noticed from my QC pics).

Both my coming rep and gen are 45.5 mm CR POs with orange numerals and dark bezel, with SS bracelet.

:thumbsup:

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Hopefully the rep is pretty close to a gen, at least seems that the caseback has now right markings in V2 (noticed from my QC pics).

Both my coming rep and gen are 45.5 mm CR POs with orange numerals and dark bezel, with SS bracelet.

:thumbsup:

Nice choice. I have always loved the orange numbers. Hopefully the rep numbers are close to the gen numbers. Guess we will find out soon enough. ;)

the_art_of_luv

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/6/13
I don't know, I think the crystal in the rep. is really good, the only I am more concern is the bezel which is fading.

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
I don't know, I think the crystal in the rep. is really good, the only I am more concern is the bezel which is fading.

You must have the 42mm or the newest 45.5, because the AR on the first batch of 45.5 mm is nonexistent.

jyyj87

Horology Curious
7/7/12
The pearl on that bezel looks pretty centered.

is that a gen bezel too?? :)

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
The pearl on that bezel looks pretty centered.

is that a gen bezel too?? :)

Nope, I wish it was though. :)

I would assume that the parts for these are going to be almost impossible to find. Not to mention they would be crazy expensive.

sunnydale

29/8/09
No bud, this is a 45mm CrPO, with a 45mm 2500 crystal.

Hope you guys don't mind. I took some more pics.:thumbsup: I tried to capture the clarity of the crystal it is amazing!!

990e889c-0846-4be5-9370-a366f20c8481.jpg

Got the gen today, tomorrow comes the rep. Gen:

First impression: rep is very well made! When I resized the bracelet of the gen, it felt just like the rep I had. Yes the bezel is different, so is the overall finish but I am pretty sure the rep will look stunning too in comparison pics that will follow later...

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Congrats on the gen Ate!!! Looking killer!

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Got the gen today, tomorrow comes the rep. Gen:

First impression: rep is very well made! When I resized the bracelet of the gen, it felt just like the rep I had. Yes the bezel is different, so is the overall finish but I am pretty sure the rep will look stunning too in comparison pics that will follow later...

WOW!! Congratulations on the Omega.:woot: It is a stunning watch,very beautiful.

The first thing that stands out to me is the date wheel. I don't think that we will ever be able to replicate that. Hopefully we will be able to buy the genuine datewheel one day.

That's my take on the two watches, but I look forward too seeing your detailed review tomorrow.:popcorn:

sunnydale

29/8/09
No detailed review yet, maybe in the weekend in own thread but just some dirty shots...at least I can say that my reply is related to your thread in a way that these pictures show the difference between genuine and rep crystal clearly. This rep is V2 with so called "best AR seen on a rep" :) no no

I am most disappointed with the ceramic bezel, the color is no where near genuine. Also the finish of the bezel is completely different. Gen crystal + bezel = we have a winner!

When I don't have the gen on my hands, the rep looks really nice.

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Hard to tell, but it looks like the numbers are a different color. The genuine looks darker. Guess it could be the lack of AR?

You are definitely right about the bezel though the color is way off.

I can't tell if it is the lack of AR, but does the word seamaster on the genuine look to be a different color? It looks to me like it is a darker orange.

All in all though, I would say for the money that it's a decent replica. Thanks for the pictures.

sunnydale

29/8/09
Hard to tell, but it looks like the numbers are a different color. The genuine looks darker. Guess it could be the lack of AR?

You are definitely right about the bezel though the color is way off.

I can't tell if it is the lack of AR, but does the word seamaster on the genuine look to be a different color? It looks to me like it is a darker orange.

All in all though, I would say for the money that it's a decent replica. Thanks for the pictures.

The dial is super well made, numbers are the same color + the font + spacing are great. Just the hour markers are a bit thicker, thats all. Hard to tell because of AR but also the dial texture is very similar to a genuine, grainy. All in all, the dial and hands are almost 1:1 (DW is not).

With the genuine crystal, yours is a killer already! Maybe they will update the bezel at some point. It will take time to get a genuine bezel but as I can see some marks on mine already, people will change theirs at some point and then they can be found on Ebay...

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Thanks for the compliments :) Seems like all I need is a genuine datewheel, and a bezel and I would be set.