• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Crown Art Custom selling fake as gen' on eBay.

one80

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/1/19
He's clearly separated the genuine from the aftermarket, just read the item titles...
He is NOT trying to pass something off as genuine when it's not.

Ironic that it would be the rep forum, and the group that his products "support", that would be the ones with the pitchforks out...

one80

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/1/19
Interesting thread; his inserts are often so good I couldn't tell the difference, as you might expect. Would be interested in the 'tells' for those linked, to learn some more.

The "definitive" guide for inserts for 4-digit Rolex's can be found on VRF:

LINK

• Love
Reactions: McDuck888

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
CAC does not make the best Rolex inserts in the world, Rolex makes the best Rolex inserts in the world.

CAC inserts are possibly the best aftermarket copies of Rolex inserts currently available. They look pretty good on a screen, though once in hand you can see there are quite a few tells/flaws.

All Rolex inserts, with no exception, have a specific fade pattern which is dependant on the chemical composition of the paint plus UV light exposure.
Some batches of inserts never faded to any noticeable degree, some batches of inserts faded almost too easily.
You will never see a blue backed 1675 insert turn fuchsia because the chemical composition of the paint doesn't allow it.
You will also never see a bluesy insert fade to turquoise/Tiffany blue because the chemical composition of the paint doesn't allow it.
Equally, 14060 serif inserts do not fade to dark charcoal grey naturally and any 16610/16600/16660 inserts you see advertised as 'tropical' have been heat treated to make them turn brown - it's a fake tropical insert.
I see from his eBay store that he now has many more inserts advertised as genuine. Some indeed do look genuine, but many of them have a totally unnatural color fade which means he's chemically/UV treating them to get the faded look - and faded inserts sell for more than non-faded inserts.

someeone

Shoes&Watches
Supporter
23/11/15
I just spoke with CAC recently about prices for his 5-digit inserts and what he can and can’t do and he replied that they are all Rolex service inserts and he’s not making them. I found that pretty weird considering he made inserts for me in custom colors before, but that’s been for 4-digit builds so I don’t know 🤷‍♂️ Sometimes he’s also not the easiest to communicate with.

Either way, I’ve been always satisfied with CAC quality even if he is expensive.