• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Crown Art Custom selling fake as gen' on eBay.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Be careful what you purchase off his eBay store, now selling fake as genuine. He's using gen pearls in some of them:

shocktech102

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
6/11/20
Well that's upsetting considering he makes some nice bezel inserts.

jacquy

26/9/18
It's scary, such beautiful inserts, and only good feedback.

Mincebeef

7/2/16
I know Richard really well, and this is just a completely wrong statement /thread, why would he put genuine pearls in fake inserts? and only sell a few inserts as genuine ? he has always been clear about what he sells, he's send me images via email before of insert hoards from contacts he has in Rolex service centers of hundreds of inserts.. what twisted biased unfactual thread.

redsubmaster

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
8/12/21
i was surprised too when i read this but i dont have tripdog expert eye and i honestly cannot see the difference between a gen and some cac inserts...

i just think it is sad if CAC is going down that road for some extra few bucks knowing that he has a great reputation of great inserts

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
I know Richard really well, and this is just a completely wrong statement /thread, why would he put genuine pearls in fake inserts? and only sell a few inserts as genuine ? he has always been clear about what he sells, he's send me images via email before of insert hoards from contacts he has in Rolex service centers of hundreds of inserts.. what twisted biased unfactual thread.
You're saying the eBay seller isn't selling fakes? Those are all real items?

Dohdoh

Renowned Member
30/10/13
Hm I was also thinking that it's quite fishy to have so many old inserts on stock but on the other hand, he has some stated original and some don't. It could be also possible that he have good contacts and collected a pile of inserts over years... My guess is, that he is able to produce inlays and lume pips and offering both: aftermarket and genuine parts. I don't see anything wrong with offering both... Maybe he is mixing it up? But if he is actually selling aftermarket as Gen, that's definitely a nono. I would love to see a clear evidence where he states a aftermarket insert as Gen.

redsubmaster

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
8/12/21
i was think that maybe he buy some gen to get models for his aftermarket and then sell them back, that would make sense to me

Mincebeef

7/2/16
The ones posted above are all genuine for me, I have a blue one on my two tone I got from him that I got installed. So, Why are they fake? based on what facts? Just an opinion sounds like.

He makes perfect no hash inserts too which go up to €50,000 as gen, long 5 inserts $$$$ euros too, why wouldn’t he sell those as Rolex too? Imagine the money in that!?!

Still Makes no sense… you’re telling me the best insert maker in the world put genuine pearls in a few fake inserts for a couple hundred bucks? Hahaha . That gmt is clearly a genuine fat font also, what’s fake about it? . Just because he has more contacts and parts than us so we assume fake?

he's my friend so I'm biased sure, but I'm no idiot or fool, just because someone has an opinion doesn't make it true, Fake news is a crime also.

I text him today, he sent me some images of 'a few" of the bezels collection, he still won't sign up, "he said its not that bad on an Italian watch group they are accusing me of making the old blueberry inserts"

Singapore9

Renowned Member
Patron
9/8/10
Interesting thread; his inserts are often so good I couldn't tell the difference, as you might expect. Would be interested in the 'tells' for those linked, to learn some more.

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
@acesgerrard And the lack of knowledge we have, to just get on and make up our own minds is deafening - Haha.

I find it so easy to tell a gen pearl apart from a good rep one etc.. The basics, and yet without a pearl ... I'm nearly clueless apparently at figuring out gen from rep inserts. I've got stacks of inserts and yet I don't know what detail is 'wrong' here to make up my own mind on whether some of CAC's inserts are being misrepresented or not.

Bleddy useless :p

Last edited: