• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cousteau '07 - The hands have misaligned themselves? WTF!

Tommy Tom

Renowned Member
28/11/06
This is a very strange one. I got this out of the watchbox this morning and noticed after about an hour that the hour hand had slipped somehow. When the second hand is on 12 the hour hand sits somewhere between hour markers.

How on earth did this happen!!?

It was fine the last time I wore it. It seems the only option is open heart surgery which believe me is very tense when I have to do it....

This watch has slightly dented my love of reps to be honest. I got it a month ago and should have sent it back, but it's just so much hassle to do that. It came with misaligned hands and so much debris under the crystal. Since then I have had 5 reps from 3 dealers and all have had minor issues - not enough though to send back with all the risks that that entails.

I'm starting to think that the only way now to avoid disappointment is to buy from a dealer in my country - you might pay up to $100 more, but at least they are QC checked and if you have to send them back its not a customs risk.

robc_uk

25/11/06
Tom,

Sorry to hear about your slipping hands.

I agree with you re dealers, I only buy reps from Narikaa or PT now as it's just easier (and quicker). They take Bank Transfers and if they've got it next day delivery. I've only had problems with one watch and Narikaa gave me a good deal on another.

Rob

Tommy Tom

Renowned Member
28/11/06
I agree - Reg's is sorting out an issue for me at the moment and his service is second to none. I think it'll be UK all the way from now on. I just seem to spend too much time disappointed in my purchases and i'm certainly not as fussy as some. for a £60 rep you get what you pay for but once you get past £100-£150 you should expect some quality considering what you could buy for the same price if you went for a brand like Seiko etc. I know there are some that say you shouldn't expect anything from a grey product, but if the better they are the more they sell. If the quality remains like this more and more of us will move onto another interest that doesn't disappoint so often.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Tom, sorry to hear that there are more problems on this watch. The solution is to reset the hands IMHO. Again, you need to decase the movement, remove the hands and set it again.

Agree with you, by buying from PT, you pay a bit more but he has done basic QC to make sure the watch is not defective. His return policy of defective watch is also excellent.

robc_uk

25/11/06
Tommy Tom said:
If the quality remains like this more and more of us will move onto another interest that doesn't disappoint so often.

Such as :?: :?:

And no Midgets in Rhinestone Thongs........OK :D

Tommy Tom

Renowned Member
28/11/06
Well it certainly wouldn't involve anything with small moving parts or anything which needed to be viewed through a loupe.

In fact anything mechanical in general might be best avoided.

I'm off to join my local Dwarf Tossing Club, a hobby I'm reliably informed never disappoints. :lol: