• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cortebert Movement for Vintage PAM's

• Thread starter d4m.test
  • Start date
D

d4m.test

Yummy Yummy :)

DSC02217.jpg

DSC02231.jpg

DSC02230.jpg

DSC02220.jpg

DSC02219.jpg

DSC02218.jpg

cortebert.jpg

corteber2.jpg

D

d4m.test

I'm afraid never :cry:

because 40mm is too large for any of the cases I and WM have. But I'm already trying to get a smaller one!

I however COULD probably fit it in a fiddy case or a 47mm radiomir case, but I dont have the proper tools&skills for this kind of work and its too large for WM!

D

d4m.test

enzo said:
There is nothing wrong with a Cortebert movement, once you find the right calibre ... but these movements are getting way inflated in value and it's a false value. Bloody ebay sellers are listing them now a PANERAI project movements ... they same issue with the Molinja's as well, the sellers are beginning to catch on to the buyers and pushing the price.

Since both the Cortebert 618 and the Molinja 3026 are constructed on the same tooling [as it was the Russians who bought the surplus machining from the Swiss,] I still think the Russians motors are a far better deal than the odd Cortebert that comes up out there. Neither are completely accurate as Panerai only used Rolex movements, [built on a Cortebert ebauche, yes.]

I suppose that a Cortebert movement was closer to age of the Rolex ... but the Molinjas were constructed pretty much after Cortebert stopped making ebauches in the 40s, so I look at it as a branding change. The 1950s and early 60s Russians are on pretty much the same quality level, even in finish.

Does this make the branding Cortebert, worth $300 over $50 on a Molinja? Obviously someone there is willing to pay the price.

Supply and Demand :) I'm quite happy that I was able to sell my Cortebert for a lot of $$$. And the molnija looks totaly different IMO thats why its not as popular. The Cortebert looks exactly like a Rolex movement!

D

d4m.test

where can one obtain a moljina? i dont mean the newer ones with the small jewels!

shura110

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/5/06
I just found one old Molnija watch. Is this what you guys are talking about?