• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Correct HE-valve on SMP from Sillix?

smithy37

3/2/09
I see that the chrono version has the valve in a different position to the SMP

http://www.omegawatches.com/index.php?id=133

Just hover the cursor over the two styles of watch and apart from the fact that the case is bigger, you can quite clearly see the difference in alignment to the watch dial. Roll the cursor over both styles and watch the valve move.

I know this doesn't really help, but had to share this.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Guys. They all have different positions. It even changes from the quartz to the auto chronometer. Hell they are in a different position now than they were five years ago because the models have changed. I am not saying this based on a picture. I have actually handled the gens. This is why the anal thing is so over the top. None of you knew this until now. The gen owners certainly don't know or care.

smithy37

3/2/09
fakemaster said:
Guys. They all have different positions. It even changes from the quartz to the auto chronometer. Hell they are in a different position now than they were five years ago because the models have changed. I am not saying this based on a picture. I have actually handled the gens. This is why the anal thing is so over the top. None of you knew this until now. The gen owners certainly don't know or care.

You are sooo right Fakey. I own a real one and I hadn't a clue.

Fun to morph the pictures on the Omega website, just to see the wild variation.

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
rooster133 said:
Looks to me like it's in the same spot as WBK's, which is not bad, but not perfect either. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=50859

WBK's is lined up at the 10, which isn't right. Compared side to side, why bother buying it... it looks bad compared to the gen. The bezel is awful and the seconds hand is too short. I'd say go with a swiss silix version.

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
amptor said:
rooster133 said:
Looks to me like it's in the same spot as WBK's, which is not bad, but not perfect either. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=50859

WBK's is lined up at the 10, which isn't right. Compared side to side, why bother buying it... it looks bad compared to the gen. The bezel is awful and the seconds hand is too short. I'd say go with a swiss silix version.

Nope, I disagree. First of all, compared to the gen all reps will give you a headache if you look hard enough - that's hardly an indication. Second, it's not centred at 10; it's slightly higher and better than most. The bezel is not too bad actually, and the seconds hand is pretty much the right length, though the proportion between the white and red parts is slightly off. Most importantly, it's 100 bucks and from WBK. What you're suggesting is something that costs more than twice as much and from Silix, of all people!! :roll: I'd rather pass a kidney stone the size of a small rodent, than give that shambles of a dealer more of my money. Anyway, if I were to choose between the two I know which one I'd go for.

tenshin2002

3/1/09
smithy37 said:
tenshin2002 said:
Hello! Am I invicible?
Did y'all not read my post?

Who said that???
:lol:
Well I think it was John Cleese in Fawlty Towers, but thats how i felt.
I made a statement about a rep that has a correctly aligned He comparing to a gen picture, but the diskussion kept on going. Very strange that...

pcsam

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
22/3/09
rooster133 said:
amptor said:
rooster133 said:
Looks to me like it's in the same spot as WBK's, which is not bad, but not perfect either. http://forum.replica-watch.info/phpBB3/vi ... =6&t=50859

Nope, I disagree. First of all, compared to the gen all reps will give you a headache if you look hard enough - that's hardly an indication. Second, it's not centred at 10; it's slightly higher and better than most. The bezel is not too bad actually, and the seconds hand is pretty much the right length, though the proportion between the white and red parts is slightly off. Most importantly, it's 100 bucks and from WBK. What you're suggesting is something that costs more than twice as much and from Silix, of all people!! :roll: I'd rather pass a kidney stone the size of a small rodent, than give that shambles of a dealer more of my money. Anyway, if I were to choose between the two I know which one I'd go for.
I hope i made the right decision to get your review model :?: [smilie=brave.gif]