• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Correct HE-valve on SMP from Sillix?

KinCaidk

Known Member
13/12/08
Is it just me or does this SMP looks like it has the correct HE-valve placing?

http://www.watchsilix.com/product.asp?id=819

ome048-7.jpg

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
hard to tell from that angle... would be nice to have some centred pics.

KinCaidk

Known Member
13/12/08
Imagine if there still were some cases with correct HE valves. :)

But it sure would be nice to se a pic taken directly above the center of the watch,

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
It would be nice if was placed correctly. The bracelet looks curved too. Crown is out though so it would be interesting to see better pics.

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
As I recall, the only way to get correct He placement on an SMP is to buy the chrono version. It has been said that the He valve on that model lines up directly with the 10 o'clock and the non-chrono is slightly above the 10 o'clock marker. I got into this after the old factory closed. I also read recently that the movements in the old factory SMP's weren't as good as the later ones. I guess they needed a full tear down and service after purchasing.

Yeah it's hard to tell from that photo where the He valve lines up but there's a very good chance that it doesn't. I bought my first SMP asian auto from that site and it didn't line up. Then I bought silix's ETA movement one and it doesn't line up. Still a really nice looking watch though, I have worn it a lot. The asian one stopped.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
I have to assume that this is one of those situations where people are going off what they have read.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
fakemaster said:
I have to assume that this is one of those situations where people are going off what they have read.

Yeah we internet junkies tend to do this. :D

KinCaidk

Known Member
13/12/08
amptor said:
As I recall, the only way to get correct He placement on an SMP is to buy the chrono version. It has been said that the He valve on that model lines up directly with the 10 o'clock and the non-chrono is slightly above the 10 o'clock marker. I got into this after the old factory closed. I also read recently that the movements in the old factory SMP's weren't as good as the later ones. I guess they needed a full tear down and service after purchasing.

Yeah it's hard to tell from that photo where the He valve lines up but there's a very good chance that it doesn't. I bought my first SMP asian auto from that site and it didn't line up. Then I bought silix's ETA movement one and it doesn't line up. Still a really nice looking watch though, I have worn it a lot. The asian one stopped.

Maybe I am reading this wrong. But what I want is a HE valve the doesn't line up with the 10 marker :)

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
I was referring to where people think the HE valve is supposed to be. That aside let me save you some trouble here. First it's Silix. Nuff said about that. Second, the watch is 49 Euros or $65. Now I don't know what you think you are going to get for that price, but I'd reflect on that for just a second. :D

UFUKNUT

Known Member
3/2/09
fakemaster said:
I was referring to where people think the HE valve is supposed to be. That aside let me save you some trouble here. First it's Silix. Nuff said about that. Second, the watch is 49 Euros or $65. Now I don't know what you think you are going to get for that price, but I'd reflect on that for just a second. :D

lmao true that. for $65 can expect much

KinCaidk

Known Member
13/12/08
I know that the watch won't be anywhere near as good as your build fakey ( I own one remember :) :) )

And if I were to buy this watch from Silix, it would be to get the case.
I hate that 007-dial. hehe

But still, it would be nice to know if this was a case with the correct HE-valve as you seldom see those.

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
Mmmhh... I suspect that if it was he would have taken a dead-on centred pic to show it off. Cleverly positioning the photo to make it hard to tell is symptomatic of the fact that it's probably wrong. After all these guys are salespeople!

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
fakemaster said:

Well SHiet why didn't you say that in the first place? :D Your like my 15year old boy, I have to drag information out of him. :D I see exactly what you mean but it would be nice to know that someone out there is making an attempt to put that He above 10.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
fakemaster said:
I seriously doubt it.

Dude, ?? :D Can we not dream? :D You should have waited another hour minimum before you burst the proverbial bubble. :D Now I am going to go into a dark room and sulk. :cry:

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
KinCaidk said:
amptor said:

Maybe I am reading this wrong. But what I want is a HE valve the doesn't line up with the 10 marker :)

You aren't reading it wrong then. But the problem is, where will you find an old factory case with the proper HE valve placement? The only ones I have come across were on the trading board, but I haven't seen any in over a year.

Always reference to a photo of a genuine watch if you want to see where the HE valve is really located on the SMP. There should still be plenty of photos of gens on a google image search. The HE valve on the SMP PO also does not line up directly with the 10 o clock and I've seen numerous posts on this board recently saying that it is suppose to be AT 10 o clock, which is incorrect. I've even looked at photos of genuine watches on ebay and can tell the difference.