• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Contest A7750 vs swiss Val 7750

nfs060

2/4/06
I just took a long look at the pics and compared them to my genuine 7750 17j movement and the finishing on the movement pictured on the right looks to be the closest to the finishing of the eta. The movement however is missing the eta swiss markings as well as the balance adj. I belive the movement on the right to be a better copy of the 7750. The movement on the right is 100% not ETA as the finishing and the quality of the metal used is an automatic giveaway. You can tell by just the color of the metal(shiny).
I would love to get my hand on the movement on the right as it looks to be a very good quality copy.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Guys,

I am very confused now. I agree to what Olga says.

One of the facts is, both....and I have seen this, are running with 28,800. My watchmaker was able to tell me, because he had it on a time measurement tool.

I have checked also Andrews and Josh pages before I posted the pics, and I agree to what you are saying.

Both of the watches are Daytonas.
I picked them up at 2 different dealers in BKK........the one on the left was 12.000 BHT, because I bought more watches I got is for 10.000 THB, which is around 281 USD

The one on the right has a sticker on the back which says SWISS,,,, I know it is fake as the watch is, anyhow, the price for that watch was 17.000THB = 480 USD. I asked the dealer to get Swiss and it took a day to get the watch.

All prices were negotiated. I know that when I pay 480 USD it is not garanteed that the movement is swiss, because our dealers here sell it for more. But what I have seen is that you pay half price in BKK compare when you order from our famous dealers.

Both watches are running fine, I just worked on the timing a little.

I can live with this even if it is not a real 7750, but I will go back to my watchmaker and he should look at it more carefully.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
My point is; Jos has posted a picture of Breitling with 7750 movement on it... Look at my other thread. I presume it's the newest BCE with Asian 7750 movement. I can confirm only when I got the watch.

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
all u have to do , is make the chrono start till it gets half way around , then reset it , the swiss one will reset smooth like butter and any of the asians will be springy and jumpy , most will go past the 12 llike to the 11 and then jump back to 12 , just my two cents, i have two BCE and two daytonas in house right now also a panerai daylight all with asian , new and old and i tested my theory on it and they all do about the same thing just not smooth like the swiss ones i have here , lol

its a feel thing man, lol

if that is not good enough for u then just look at the engravings by eta , there stamps r sweeter than the asian one they r much more defined , hard to capture in pics but not with a loupe

joe

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
@joe: since you have the BCE with Asian movement, would you mind posting the picture of the movement please? Thanks.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
takashi said:
My point is; Jos has posted a picture of Breitling with 7750 movement on it... Look at my other thread. I presume it's the newest BCE with Asian 7750 movement. I can confirm only when I got the watch.

...I believe Andrew has the Breitling with that same BCE movement also, at least the same movement that guru has on the right. And could be that not all watchmakers have seen a lot of these Asian 7750 movements so even for some of them it's hard to tell the difference, but you'd think a watchmaker that knows ETA would be able to distinguish between the two... :)

sUpemezU

Known Member
1/12/06
Pix said:
Hi,

the one on the left...has a R...which obviously stands for Real !! [smilie=icon_clown.gif]

lol! Well, R also stands for Replica !! :lol:

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Ok... Let me update this... It turns out the movement on the BCE so called "Ultimate" is the same Asian Hi Beat version. So still no hook for microadjuster.