• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Considering my first Gen

aganthorp

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/6/09
I am considering the purchase of my first gen. The Omega PO 45.5mm. It is listed currently for $2050.00 and I wanted to get some opinions to psych me up or convince me to wait. Not sure if I should bite on it or not what do you guys thing?

orangepo3.jpg

Thanks,
aganthorp

acharria

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/10/09
Will go to an AD in case i choose get me a Gen. i will stay away from any internet sale.
Good luck with your choice.

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
+1

I would also buy from the AD. If you are going to buy online make sure it is either a good source (i.e. Amazon, Authenticwatches, etc...), or a smoke'n price. I see a Jared receipt (which is an Omega AD) so I'm guessing you're buying private party.

Be aware, that if you buy online from a non-AD like Amazon you cannot get warranty service from Omega (so you are relying on the dealer's warranty - unless you are buying from a private party and the watch is still under warranty). Also, make sure you do not get a "grey" market watch without serial numbers intact. Also, make sure the price is good enough to not have dealer support.

For example, Authenticwatches has numerous Omegas. I almost bought there because of the price. When I went to an AD I paid about $100 more, but have full dealer and factory support. So, to me the slightly higher price was a no-brainer on my Omega.

What ever you decide, just be fully informed as to the pros and cons. If you go gen, the Omega PO would be a GREAT watch. And 2k for that watch is a great deal IMO.

XyKo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/6/09
Yup, stayed away from internet sales definitely eBay. I know some are reliable, etc but go to a AD if you want to get a Gen. Or look for auctions where the sellers are local so you can have them come with you to the AD to see if it's legit or not.

cptkirk

Renowned Member
30/12/08
I wouldnt...Why buy the gen when you can get several watches for the same cost..