• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Concord C1 clasp has gotten loose

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
The clasp on my (Ultimate high beat) Concord C1 no longer stays closed. It won't hold any longer and just pops open on the wrist if you brush up against it.

I'm told this was a common problem on the C1? Has anyone found a solution?

Also, is the clasp on one version of the C1 rep better than others? Perhaps the clasp that comes from the low beat factory doesn't have this problem? If I have to buy a replacement, I may as well get the best version. Does anyone know?

dustin

Renowned Member
7/6/10
I'm pretty sure I have an extra c1 clasp. I will send it to you if you just pm me your address. Maybe it works on your v. maybe it doesn't? I will send the band as well just in case.

dustin

Renowned Member
7/6/10
Here are pics (sorry forgot to resize):

concord002.jpg

concord001.jpg

concord003.jpg

There are a couple of light scratches on the buckle... let me know if you want me to polish them out before sending.

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
Thanks again Dustin. Fingers crossed that it will fit.

However, let's keep this thread alive. I'd like to figure out if this (supposedly) common problem occurs only with the Ultimate version, or if it's also a problem with the low beat version.

I previously had the low best C1, and the quality of the watch was as good as the Ultimate, with the exception of the movement. Perhaps many of the parts are the same, but I'm not sure about the clasp. If it's different, it may well be a better choice than the Ultimate clasp (and certainly less expensive to replace).

dustin

Renowned Member
7/6/10
Yeah... this clasp holds pretty tight. It was kind of tough for me to unlatch for the picture actually. Not sure how long that will last though.

It seems to me that some metal could be bent or shaped or a spring stretched to keep it clasping if it wears down.