• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Concerns

Bloom8e

Do not accept unsolicited offers
27/9/24
Hello,
I've done my research over the last 2-3 weeks and have found a trusted dealer more specifically andiot, i'm interested in a datejust 36mm which isn't currently in stock as i was told by elliot. Only issue is for some reason I have concerns about not recieving my watch, getting outright scammed or just something going wrong. I know this is unlikely but none the less it's still holding me back. Is their any feedback or even first hand reviews of your experience with Andiot that i should be thinking to ease my concerns and is waiting time of up to 4-6 weeks normal? (Sorry if this sounds stupid)

Feefo

CEO, Vaselume (TM) Corporation
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Hi and welcome to RWI! Glad you found your way here.

Every TD has his own section along with a buyer reviews subsection. You'll find there what you're after. But being a TD here means you'll get your watch.

Please take some time to read the sticky threads in the new members area (all subsections), learn the basic forum rules and get some very good advice in the process. A number of questions has already been answered there, this is just an example:

As a new subscriber, you've already been directed to this thread, please read carefully and look through the linked additional threads:

Another good thread to read to understand where RWI comes from and some fundamentals is this:

Most of the information you need to know to start is there. If you're preparing to buy, read the stickies before ordering. When you're finished, you can continue learning by reading the stickies in all remaining sections. If it's stickied, it's important information.

If you intend to sell, read the sales rules and all stickies in the sales section with particular care and make sure you understand each single rule. Sales rules infraction is taken very seriously here. As a new member you are not eligible to sell. Using the sales section is a privilege, eligibility must be earned, make sure you know and understand how.

For anything else, feel free to reach out to @eBoy or me, we're happy to assist, advise, direct, explain. Don't hesitate.

Don't be afraid to post noob questions in the new members area. In doubt, use the flame free zone. If you feel uncomfortable anywhere in the new members area, please reach out to @eBoy or me. Mutual respect is of utmost importance to us. On the other hand, we're grown-ups and are supposed to be able to deal with a bit of irony, don't take it personally, ever, a bit of irony never harmed anyone. If you laugh at jokes, you'll make friends faster.

This forum is a treasure trove of information and benefits from the engagement of all members who take their time to share their knowledge, help each other out and have some fun. We hope that you'll benefit and enjoy this platform as well as contribute positively to it.

If at any point you feel to contribute also on another level, feel free to pm the boss (trailboss99) to become a supporter and get some little perks with the status (editing rights, for example).

Enjoy the forum.

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
Andiot is a standup guy from all I've read about him. I haven't bought anything from him but just to get a TD badge on here is a rigorous process that means a lot. If you act in good faith and use the correct websites, numbers, emails you should be in good hands with any TD on here.

Reactions: eBoy

eBoy

⚜️ RWI NMA Chief Bracelet Link Remover ⛓️‍💥🔗🪛🔧
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
A place of darkness and light a.k.a. EU
Hello,
I've done my research over the last 2-3 weeks and have found a trusted dealer more specifically andiot, i'm interested in a datejust 36mm which isn't currently in stock as i was told by elliot. Only issue is for some reason I have concerns about not recieving my watch, getting outright scammed or just something going wrong. I know this is unlikely but none the less it's still holding me back. Is their any feedback or even first hand reviews of your experience with Andiot that i should be thinking to ease my concerns and is waiting time of up to 4-6 weeks normal? (Sorry if this sounds stupid)

4-6 weeks can be normal, just as much as 2 or 3 days can be normal... Supply chain issues, police raids and other unforeseen events can in fact —in rare cases— cause excessive waiting times of up to several months. Your money will be safe during the waiting time, regardless of the duration...

If you are in touch with the real Andiot, what exactly is giving you reasons to believe that you would be the first customer to be scammed by this TRUSTED (vetted & confirmed by RWI admins) dealer?

Bloom8e

Do not accept unsolicited offers
27/9/24
4-6 weeks can be normal, just as much as 2 or 3 days can be normal... Supply chain issues, police raids and other unforeseen events can in fact —in rare cases— cause excessive waiting times of up to several months. Your money will be safe during the waiting time, regardless of the duration...

If you are in touch with the real Andiot, what exactly is giving you reasons to believe that you would be the first customer to be scammed by this TRUSTED (vetted & confirmed by RWI admins) dealer?
Yeah I know when taking all that into consideration that he wouldn't try to scam me or anything of that sort, appreciate your reassurance

eBoy

⚜️ RWI NMA Chief Bracelet Link Remover ⛓️‍💥🔗🪛🔧
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
A place of darkness and light a.k.a. EU
Yeah I know when taking all that into consideration that he wouldn't try to scam me or anything of that sort, appreciate your reassurance

Everyone here can relate to the anxiety before and during the 1st order. We've all been there.

Just make sure you only use the contact info found on RWI (do NOT use Google!) and once you hold that wonderful watch in your hands, you'll ask yourself what you actually were all nervous about! 😉

ImLateAgain

Known Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/12/23
There’s a certain amount of risk tolerance required to play this game. I’ve found that the not knowing makes it a bit more fun. So far, every TD I’ve worked with has been incredibly reasonable and fair even when I wasn’t (in the beginning). Plus, if you do have a problem with a TD, the mods are looking out for you. At some level, the TD‘s ability to keep the RWI community/mods happy are what keeps them in business. I’ll occasionally stray to other sites and, while some of “them” have unkind things to say about their “mistreatment” at the hands of certain RWI members, I’ve never heard them question the integrity of the community or recommendations of the TD’s listed here.

But I’m with you on the first purchase jitters. For me, I’ll not make such a purchase unless the potentially lost money poses no hardship on me or mine.

joshhb8282

Known Member
Supporter
3/5/24
New York
You should pick 2-3 alternatives, have him see if any of those are in stock for faster shipping and ask if you can switch your order (nicely) if time is of the essence to you.