• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Comparison for pam 219 gen&rep

Americano

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/5/10
"The thick is the same as the genuine?

"The thick is the same as the genuine? I sincerely believe that not.

watchfaker

26/12/10
Looks like the differences that are easy to spot is the dagger shape, and the brand printed upside down on the rep...

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
were both hands begin why does the pin or whatever is called looks black on the gen and silver on the replica???
some one please help! im scared ! should i be worried? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh panic ahhhh panic attack!!!

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
were both hands begin why does the pin or whatever is called looks black on the gen and silver on the replica???
some one please help! im scared ! should i be worried? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh panic ahhhh panic attack!!!

Is this a serious question? I can't tell based on all of the crap at the end of your post.

:thinking:

If it *is* a serious question, the simple answer is that it is just reflections on the canon pin. They are both silver, rep and gen.

I am Sam

Renowned Member
9/10/09
This is just my personal observation as layman. Pretty serious differences when looking at the movement beside the upside down OP engraving, the golden parts are more yellow in gen, the blue screws are more darker, the two round pullies are finished smoothly, the screws on the pullies are also flat and smooth finished. Rep has silver screws under hairspring.

watchfaker

26/12/10
This is just my personal observation as layman. Pretty serious differences when looking at the movement beside the upside down OP engraving, the golden parts are more yellow in gen, the blue screws are more darker, the two round pullies are finished smoothly, the screws on the pullies are also flat and smooth finished. Rep has silver screws under hairspring.

Now that you mentioned the blue screw under the hairspring... on my 177L (possibly same factory as this 219) has a blue screw. As for the more darker gold/blue, i think that's just again due to lighting and reflections. You also see that the pink jewels appears smaller on the rep, again the outer edge of the jewels are much brighter making it blend into the silver metal.

lolex

15/4/07
Wearing mine right now..=)
photo-37.jpg

ugoderosa

Renowned Member
12/9/10
If I could only keep one of my pams, it would be my 219L... And if/when I buy a gen, it will be the 219L.

iPhonePictures1088.jpg

I am Sam

Renowned Member
9/10/09
Now that you mentioned the blue screw under the hairspring... on my 177L (possibly same factory as this 219) has a blue screw. As for the more darker gold/blue, i think that's just again due to lighting and reflections. You also see that the pink jewels appears smaller on the rep, again the outer edge of the jewels are much brighter making it blend into the silver metal.

Yes the light and posture of these two watches can make a difference when looking at smaller shiny or reflective objects e.g. the screws on rep's pully looks black as compared to gen but that's a reflection, we know. When looking at the hairspring golden pullies and comparing it with gen the difference in color is very visible to me but then again I am just a layman who knows nothing about watches. :)

Lolex and Ugoderosa, can you guys take a same nice pic of the movement? BTW beautiful looking watches. I must say I am jealous as to how clean your crystal is from my 111 I received from LH :(

chuddism

Supporter
11/3/08
The more I look at this watch the worse I want it.
I'm just going to have to go for it.

Thanks for the comparison, makes it so easy to see how good these are

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

nielsen

I'm Pretty Popular
22/1/08
Is the 219 a Destro 112? Should have bought one of those since I'm a lefty. How is Davidson's 219 compared to this one being reviewed? Trouble is, my DSN 112 is such a favorite that I couldn't part with it anyway--but could I not just spin the dial and CG and create a 219?

That light brown strap in the two pictures later in the post is a thing of beauty. Who is it from?

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
Is the 219 a Destro 112? Should have bought one of those since I'm a lefty. How is Davidson's 219 compared to this one being reviewed? Trouble is, my DSN 112 is such a favorite that I couldn't part with it anyway--but could I not just spin the dial and CG and create a 219?

That light brown strap in the two pictures later in the post is a thing of beauty. Who is it from?

If you think a DSN is good, get this, this is fabulous!