• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Compare Richard Mille RM055 White Ceramic Skeleton Dial vs BBR

watchyouwatchmywatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
18/1/19
Great comparison video... The BBR is definitely impressive. Has the reliability of these been improved in the V2?

watchyouwatchmywatch

MULTI ACCOUNT
18/1/19
The only in-your-face tell for me is that wheel at the bottom of the movement with the totally off size and placement. I wonder if a modder would be able to replace that wheel with a smaller custom one.

Prizon

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Patron
Certified
10/11/21
awesome!

getting closer

brry

Supporter
12/1/22
Great comparison video... The BBR is definitely impressive. Has the reliability of these been improved in the V2?
I have had my BBR V1 for months now and it has been bulletproof. Almost-daily wear, even a few drops on the group, and it’s been fine. I think it’s entirely subjective watch-to-watch on build integrity and longevity.

davidc

1/5/22
thanks very nice comparison video. Would love to get one but still on the fence on the reliability issues i see other people posting here.

carter1

23/6/22
The only in-your-face tell for me is that wheel at the bottom of the movement with the totally off size and placement. I wonder if a modder would be able to replace that wheel with a smaller custom one.

The other big tell is the rubber strap loop frustratingly is the wrong way around so "Richard Mille" appears upside down on the BBR compared to gen. Look again on the video - once you see it you can't unsee it.

Frustrating because that would have been easy to get right and probably hard to resolve without a new strap as it doesn't look like you can disassemble the strap without destroying it.

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
The other big tell is the rubber strap loop frustratingly is the wrong way around so "Richard Mille" appears upside down on the BBR compared to gen. Look again on the video - once you see it you can't unsee it.

Frustrating because that would have been easy to get right and probably hard to resolve without a new strap as it doesn't look like you can disassemble the strap without destroying it.
It’s easy, unscrew the clasp and flip it round. Took me 30 seconds….

carter1

23/6/22
It’s easy, unscrew the clasp and flip it round. Took me 30 seconds….
Oh interesting. I only had my BBR V2 for a few days before I had to send it back so didn't explore fixing that as I obviously didn't want to do a anything that might risk destroying the watch. It looked more permanent then that that but I'll take your word for it.

jpereira88

Known Member
2/8/16
Saw a video today on wechat showing the bbr rm 055 and the movement looks totally different then in this bideo from a few months ago, maybe a v3 is out because the bbr is near a gen and looks super close to gen in this video

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
@Obscuranocte that's the Miyota movement in the ZFs, not the BBR. There have been two BBR movements so far, so if there is a newer version coming out it'd be v3 of that.

Obscuranocte

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
10/1/22
Italy
Yes Indeed
This what I was thinking about...
I like the Bubba 55...but this thing kind of makes me be a bit doubtful...