• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clone Movement Servicing

tigrpaw01

Horology Curious
5/2/21
Just purchased a Clean Factory Explorer with the 3135 clone movement. Can anyone suggest a forum member that offers servicing? Want this one cleaned and properly lubricated. Thanks!

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
5/6/23
DE
Just purchased a Clean Factory Explorer with the 3135 clone movement. Can anyone suggest a forum member that offers servicing? Want this one cleaned and properly lubricated. Thanks!
Where do you live? Different regions have different watchmakers.

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Where do you live? Different regions have different watchmakers.

Huh? I don't think he didn't explicitly asked for a local one!? Chances are pretty low that a member who is also watchmaker lives nearby. 😆

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
5/6/23
DE
Huh? I don't think he didn't explicitly asked for a local one!? Chances are pretty low that a member who is also watchmaker lives nearby. 😆
No, I mean within the same continent, e.g. EU citizens don't really want to send the watch to CONUS to have a service, it might cause problems when the watch returns.

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
No, I mean within the same continent, e.g. EU citizens don't really want to send the watch to CONUS to have a service, it might cause problems when the watch returns.

Ah okay, I see what you mean. "Region" is a very relative term.

While you are right, the majority does only send within their customs free areas, some actually do intercontinental shipping for modding. The Super-Franken hardcore gang for example. They are immune to pain. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: MaximillianGT

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Does anything about the operation of the watch give you cause for concern? If it’s running okay, has acceptable PR and doesn’t sound like a bag of spanners when you wind it, then you could save yourself time, hassle and expense and follow the old adage, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
5/6/23
DE
Ah okay, I see what you mean. "Region" is a very relative term.

While you are right, the majority does only send within their customs free areas, some actually do intercontinental shipping for modding. The Super-Franken hardcore gang for example. They are immune to pain. 🤣
I will try my best to avoid anything not within the EU, German Customs is a pain in the S.

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Does anything about the operation of the watch give you cause for concern? If it’s running okay, has acceptable PR and doesn’t sound like a bag of spanners when you wind it, then you could save yourself time, hassle and expense and follow the old adage, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”
Exactly!
Steve Bannon Bingo GIF

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
I will try my best to avoid anything not within the EU, German Customs is a pain in the S.

I used to think the same.

But you wouldn't believe what can go through customs in Germany, even after they opened it!!! 😂

I've seen things that are unbelievable and made me wonder if the stereotype is really true.

Reactions: MaximillianGT

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
5/6/23
DE
I used to think the same.

But you wouldn't believe what can go through customs in Germany, even after they opened it!!! 😂

I've seen things that are unbelievable and made me wonder if the stereotype is really true.
Well, depends on which city's Zollamt. My city is famous for that. Not long ago, my wife's company sent a machine to Japan for demo at a trade show. They filed all the documents when the machine was exported. After 3 weeks, the same machine was sent back to Germany. The customs ignore all the export document and charges them a VAT with import tax a sum of 40k Euro, and they have to pay it to get it back. After 4 weeks of complaint and negotiation, they refunded, but then you already paid that money out of pocket.

Reactions: eBoy