• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clear Case Back on Submariner?

ginoeo321

Do not accept unsolicited offers
20/3/23
Florida
Okay guys I only own a vintage JKF double red sub and 2 U1 shitters from Jason. I think I'm ready to buy my first big boy VSF sub or maybe a gmt. My dumb question is I really really want a clear case back to show off a replica Rolex movement lol. Is this really a thing? I understand if it's somehow blasphemy but seeing the new platinum Daytona come with one I need it on every Rolex I get from now on lol. Thank you guys and I'm happy to be a apart of this community!

Also can someone recommended a decent 5711 Patek that's not PPF and at least under 300 maybe even lower without getting to thick lol.

ginoeo321

20/3/23
Florida
Also MarvelousReplica and Jason have been outstanding especially Marv. He was super super responsive and really helpful for a noob like me.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
If that's what you want, do it. Personally I don't see the point of showing off a rep movement. If you had a gen movement it's marginally understandable.

As far as your budget for a 5711, a decent rep is non existent at that price point. Even the PPF still requires a bit of work.

ginoeo321

20/3/23
Florida
If that's what you want, do it. Personally I don't see the point of showing off a rep movement. If you had a gen movement it's marginally understandable.

As far as your budget for a 5711, a decent rep is non existent at that price point. Even the PPF still requires a bit of work.
Thanks for the slight reality check. Is thier anyone really making a better 5711 then PPF?

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
There's a load of different display casebacks available for the Sub. Just Google it and you'll find plenty.

TBH, it's probably worth doing, given how the factories go to all the trouble of repping the movement markings etc. on a part of the rep that's never normally seen. Personally, I really like a display back and enjoy taking watches that feature them off every now and again just to watch the moving parts.

I have a display back on one of my Noob Daytonas. None of the Subs though, mainly because their functional tool watch vibe makes it seem a bit too showy!

Reactions: ginoeo321

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I put a clear caseback on this Franken 116613 I built a while back. Never really liked it. But to each his own. The 3135 isn't something to marvel at.

IMG-20171108-WA0008_zpswe0kii5g.jpg

20230112_081614.jpg

Reactions: p0pperini

eBoy

⚜️ RWI NMA Chief Bracelet Link Remover ⛓️‍💥🔗🪛🔧
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
A place of darkness and light a.k.a. EU
Okay guys I only own a vintage JKF double red sub and 2 U1 shitters from Jason. I think I'm ready to buy my first big boy VSF sub or maybe a gmt. My dumb question is I really really want a clear case back to show off a replica Rolex movement lol. Is this really a thing? I understand if it's somehow blasphemy but seeing the new platinum Daytona come with one I need it on every Rolex I get from now on lol. Thank you guys and I'm happy to be a apart of this community!

Also can someone recommended a decent 5711 Patek that's not PPF and at least under 300 maybe even lower without getting to thick lol.
eboy-ralph.gif

Hello and welcome to RWI!

I noticed that this is your first time posting on RWI. You are welcome to introduce yourself in the new members area in the "New members say hi" sub section.

If you haven't already, please take some time to read the sticky threads in the new members area (in all subsections), as they contain lots of information for newcomers and, most importantly, our forum rules which you need to know, and of course ideally to follow, to get the best out of your experience on RWI!

A good starting point is this list of links to the most important RWI resources:

Also this please read this important sticky:

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact me or @Feefo during your time as a newbie. That's what we are here for!