• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Sea-Dweller 126600 from CTIME

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
@Reaps

Friendly reminder to dab a little blue loc-tite on those band screws. One of mine started walking out on me. It felt like a couple were already snug and didn't need it, but others needed a dab.
Yup do it with all the watches. May I suggest purple loctite/weakest one otherwise you will have an ass of yourself if you ever need to resize or resell the watch

Reactions: Efigy

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
How are you finding the size compared to a Daytona or sub?
I'll chime in since I have a 5 digit TC.

Very similar in size. Feels a little heavier than a 16610 but very similar. I was worried it would be too large but I was pleasantly surprised. As a bigger person I'm glad I got this one in a rep.

I was seriously considering getting this one in gen, but after I saw the side-by-side with Clean vs GEN I had to try the Clean first. As an aside, it's so similar in looks to my TC that I'm glad I didn't get this in gen. Maybe get dressier watch in gen or just keep enjoying these reps.

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
Yup do it with all the watches. May I suggest purple loctite/weakest one otherwise you will have an ass of yourself if you ever need to resize or resell the watch

Nice.

And too late for me on the loc-tite. If I ever need to remove a screw, I'll apply some gentle heat to the thread end of the bracelet. Hope it comes out without deforming the screw.

Reactions: Reaps

Reaps

25/9/22
Nice.

And too late for me on the loc-tite. If I ever need to remove a screw, I'll apply some gentle heat to the thread end of the bracelet. Hope it comes out without deforming the screw.

Remove bracelet and soak in acetone

Reactions: gbxx

peterpl

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
24/7/11
Is the DW mag fixed on these?

All past models had like 3x or 3.5x mag which made the date look horribly huge and not the correct size

Reaps

25/9/22
Is the DW mag fixed on these?

All past models had like 3x or 3.5x mag which made the date look horribly huge and not the correct size
Clean has correct date mag

VSF does too BUT it seems like a batch thing. Need to QC until you get a proper one.

Reactions: peterpl

Reaps

25/9/22
Here is one VSF and Clean in lighting conditions that are similar. It is fairly obvious which one is which. The cyclops black hole is a dead giveaway. The SEL is also better on Clean in my eyes.

Reaps

25/9/22
Which one do you recommend?
Hard to say. Pains me to say as a Clean fan, I think VS might take it out of the box due to crystal and no modding if you get correct magnification on crystal variant.

However, for me, I got the watch because of the HEV that I'll never use. Its an impressive piece of tech. So I got Clean and I'm happy with it. You can always swap a crystal but ain't nobody modding the VSF to accept a HEV lol.

We are just nitpicking anyways both are great.

Aldoat

Do not accept unsolicited offers
30/9/16
Do you guys think this would greatly improve with a gen crystal? I somehow managed to get it about 6 years ago, but never bothered to install it on my old ARF V1 (which is pretty banged up now).

I'm thinking this might be as good as it gets, and I should finally use the crystal.

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
49°50′34.8″N 9°54′07.4″E
Do you guys think this would greatly improve with a gen crystal? I somehow managed to get it about 6 years ago, but never bothered to install it on my old ARF V1 (which is pretty banged up now).

I'm thinking this might be as good as it gets, and I should finally use the crystal.
Whether it is a stock crystal or an aftermarket crystal, it is always better to have a gen crystal if you don't mind spending a bit more.

botsyboy

Respected Member
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Gen crystal will take it to the next level. I have the clean here still wrapped but disappointed with crystal ar so deciding whether to pass it on or mod with gen crystal. 🤔

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
49°50′34.8″N 9°54′07.4″E
Hard to say. Pains me to say as a Clean fan, I think VS might take it out of the box due to crystal and no modding if you get correct magnification on crystal variant.

However, for me, I got the watch because of the HEV that I'll never use. Its an impressive piece of tech. So I got Clean and I'm happy with it. You can always swap a crystal but ain't nobody modding the VSF to accept a HEV lol.

We are just nitpicking anyways both are great.
Almost forgot to ask: how does the Clean bezel click when turning it? Fell any better than VSF?

Reaps

25/9/22
Almost forgot to ask: how does the Clean bezel click when turning it? Fell any better than VSF?
Feels the same as VSF in my case. Nice and crispy, firm action but not super stiff. Slight backplay though.

I really do think that bezel action is a QC thing. Having owned Clean and VSF subs neither factory is consistently better than the other. My first CF 114060 had an amazing bezel. My VSF Hulk's bezel was too easy to turn. But then my VSF 126610 bezel was perfect.

derjenigewelcher

Watch enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Feels the same as VSF in my case. Nice and crispy, firm action but not super stiff. Slight backplay though.

I really do think that bezel action is a QC thing. Having owned Clean and VSF subs neither factory is consistently better than the other. My first CF 114060 had an amazing bezel. My VSF Hulk's bezel was too easy to turn. But then my VSF 126610 bezel was perfect.

I would also go for Clean because of the valve. Which is basicly dumb and useless when another prt is not waterproof. But the fact they made this effort is genious. Sadly i dont have wrists for this size of watch. 44mm PAM works but i dont like the thickness lf the dweller

Reaps

25/9/22
I would also go for Clean because of the valve. Which is basicly dumb and useless when another prt is not waterproof. But the fact they made this effort is genious. Sadly i dont have wrists for this size of watch. 44mm PAM works but i dont like the thickness lf the dweller
Funnily enough I've read that VSF SD43 has issues with water proofing due to their fake valve lol. So I'm actually thinking Clean's HEV with proper gaskets will be better.

I'm wearing the watch on vacation right now but it's so funny because I take it off and put on my $120 chinese homage to swim.

The thickness is thick on paper but like I said if you wear jt a little tight it becomes thin. See here

derjenigewelcher

Watch enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Funnily enough I've read that VSF SD43 has issues with water proofing due to their fake valve lol. So I'm actually thinking Clean's HEV with proper gaskets will be better.

I'm wearing the watch on vacation right now but it's so funny because I take it off and put on my $120 chinese homage to swim.

The thickness is thick on paper but like I said if you wear jt a little tight it becomes thin. See here

I wear the xf and gen of this model and for me its to fat and heavy. Submariner all day:)