• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Sea-Dweller 126600 from CTIME

asusundevils1971

Your Parents Warned You To Stay Away From Me.
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
23/2/23
Canada
Beautiful SD43 and wear it in good health. Don't know why there isn't more love for the SD43 on here.. Ohhhh maybe the size scares people away lol..

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
49°50′34.8″N 9°54′07.4″E
Great watch. I'm really impressed with it. Not sure it needs anything else other than to be worn.

Had a great experience with CTIME on this. Shipping was fast.

So this is the new Clean SD43? Impressive!

How do you comment on the built quality and the impression? How do the clicks of the bezel feel when turning?

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
So this is the new Clean SD43? Impressive!

How do you comment on the built quality and the impression? How do the clicks of the bezel feel when turning?

It really feels great! I can't complain about anything on this watch. If I had to complain, the SS bezel and crown is still fairly sharp. Those sharp edges will dull with a little wear.

I think it's OK for me to share the QC pics since I'm not asking for QC help.

There's a video of the watch bezel turning as well as the date wheel.

I probably won't change a thing on it... I'll just enjoy it rather than obsess about it like I have with my TCs.

I did get two watches from CTIME that had been previously RL'd. There's a sub with QC help which seems to be a bit of a dicey place to hang out... but I did find these watches previously posted as being RL'd for dial marker misalignment.

The third watch, which was this one, was perfect in my eyes.

If there is any issues with me posting the QC pics, please don't tase me bro. I'll happily remove them.

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
It really feels great! I can't complain about anything on this watch. If I had to complain, the SS bezel and crown is still fairly sharp. Those sharp edges will dull with a little wear.

I probably won't change a thing on it... I'll just enjoy it rather than obsess about it like I have with my TCs.

I did get two watches from CTIME that had been previously RL'd. There's a sub with QC help which seems to be a bit of a dicey place to hang out... but I did find these watches previously posted as being RL'd for dial marker misalignment.

If there is any issues with me posting the QC pics, please don't tase me bro. I'll happily remove them.
Nah mate QC pictures are all good if you've approved them and shipped, doesn't break the rules, you got a really nice one with the rehaut aligned perfectly and some good date alignment, thanks for sharing, I've been looking for more pictures of this.

If you've owned a VSF Sub, how would you say the crystal is like? I know gen doesn't have AR so I can't be picky but I'd like your opinion.

Reactions: MaximillianGT

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
49°50′34.8″N 9°54′07.4″E

Thanks for sharing your QC pics!

Somehow, my first impression of your QC photos is better than the VSF SD43, the bezel insert looks better, and yes, the bezel edge looks sharp, I can tell.

I won't suggest changing anything on a SD43, it is just too expensive compare with a normal Sub.

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
Nah mate QC pictures are all good if you've approved them and shipped, doesn't break the rules, you got a really nice one with the rehaut aligned perfectly and some good date alignment, thanks for sharing, I've been looking for more pictures of this.

If you've owned a VSF Sub, how would you say the crystal is like? I know gen doesn't have AR so I can't be picky but I'd like your opinion.

I don't have a VSF. I heard their crystal and movement is better that Clean's. You sure the gen doesn't have AR? All the gens look like they have that black hole effect on the cyclops.

I think that's been one of the complaints about Clean though. Was the crystal is just ever so slightly cloudy or milky. I don't really think it's worth fussing over. I think both VSF and Clean are probably great choices.

I will say that these replicas have come a long way since I joined. Wow.

Garrye100

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
11/9/24
Malibu, CA
Wow, it looks gorgeous…my Clean SD43 shipped from Puretime yesterday and I am really looking forward to it arriving…

Reactions: gbxx

muiramas

Aristocrat
18/1/17
I don't have a VSF. I heard their crystal and movement is better that Clean's. You sure the gen doesn't have AR? All the gens look like they have that black hole effect on the cyclops.

I think that's been one of the complaints about Clean though. Was the crystal is just ever so slightly cloudy or milky. I don't really think it's worth fussing over. I think both VSF and Clean are probably great choices.

I will say that these replicas have come a long way since I joined. Wow.
Cyclops on later 5 digits and all 6 digits had AR under the cyclops. (Black hole)

The 2017 - first edition of this 126660 did not have underside AR.

But the 2018 version and onwards - which this is a rep of (see the coronet on the dial at 6) did have underside AR.

Reactions: gbxx and Reaps

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
Cyclops on later 5 digits and all 6 digits had AR under the cyclops. (Black hole)

The 2017 - first edition of this 126660 did not have underside AR.

But the 2018 version and onwards - which this is a rep of (see the coronet on the dial at 6) did have underside AR.

I didn't know about the 2017 anniversary year not having AR but I believe you.

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
Pressure/water tested it today and it passed!

Anyone know if the case threads match those of a gen 703 tube? I kind of want to put a gen tube and crown on it. But now that it passed a quick pressure test I'm debating just leaving it.

Reaps

25/9/22
How are you finding the size compared to a Daytona or sub?
Way bigger than Daytona.

It's certainly thicker than the Sub but not that much bigger lug to lug. The thicker bezel contributes to making the watch look smaller.

If you wear it a little tighter the caseback sinks into your wrist making it suprisingly thinner than what the 15mm thickness is.

Suprisingly it's not bad and wears smaller than the PAM111 and IWC3777.

Reaps

25/9/22
Hey, nice one! You can rock it!

I have no idea why, perhaps the bezel is minimal, IWC 3777 looks and feels way bigger on the wrist than SD, except Pam 299, it's huge.
Yeah the 3777 feels massive for some reason. Totally agree about the bezel statement. I swapped it off the bracelet recently to a NATO to make it more managable.

Awristocrat

Beauty is in the eye of the wrist
Certified
28/5/12
Way bigger than Daytona.

It's certainly thicker than the Sub but not that much bigger lug to lug. The thicker bezel contributes to making the watch look smaller.

If you wear it a little tighter the caseback sinks into your wrist making it suprisingly thinner than what the 15mm thickness is.

Suprisingly it's not bad and wears smaller than the PAM111 and IWC3777.
Would you say it’s more “fun” than a sub? Or good to add both to the collection?

Reaps

25/9/22
Would you say it’s more “fun” than a sub? Or good to add both to the collection?
The answer to that depends on you totally.

Objectively it's not worth it if you have a sub. They look the same from a distance. But many members own multiple variants of subs, so it depends on your taste.

I'm thinking of selling my sub since I prefer this Seadweller. The red text and liftle nuances make it much more interesting overall.

How about if you wear the SD on Rubber and the Sub on bracelet? Then it becomes two different watches almost.

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
@Reaps

Friendly reminder to dab a little blue loc-tite on those band screws. One of mine started walking out on me. It felt like a couple were already snug and didn't need it, but others needed a dab.

Reactions: Reaps