• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean or GSC/non-VSF Batgirl?

woogooboogoo

Horology Curious
21/11/19
Hello RWI
I've recently stumbled upon the GSC or otherwise known as non-VSF Batgirl, that uses a hybrid of Clean parts as well as a VSF crystal.
Why has this factory not gained anymore traction? It seems to combine the best of both worlds and solves the crystal and cyclops issue that has plagued Clean.

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22
Everyone has different prioroties for replicas

Clean GMT dominates for the movement and insert color. Even the crystal has gotten better.

GSC is fine - not knocking it - in fact the bezel mechanism is argugably better than gen itself. But if you compare it directly as a replica to gen, it has a non gen spec bezel assembly and movement.

woogooboogoo

Horology Curious
21/11/19
Everyone has different prioroties for replicas

Clean GMT dominates for the movement and insert color. Even the crystal has gotten better.

GSC is fine - not knocking it - in fact the bezel mechanism is argugably better than gen itself. But if you compare it directly as a replica to gen, it has a non gen spec bezel assembly and movement.
Afaik GSC uses Clean bezel. The lack of black hole effect and the wrong magnification on the cyclops is really what kills it for me.
This comparison between gen and GSC is really tempting me to getting it over Clean: https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/13ezud5

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22
Afaik GSC uses Clean bezel. The lack of black hole effect and the wrong magnification on the cyclops is really what kills it for me.
This comparison between gen and GSC is really tempting me to getting it over Clean: https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/13ezud5
Then get it.

Yes GSC bezel is the same as Clean. But bezel assembly isn't gen spec.

Personally I don't care about anything crystal related. You can easily swap the gasket and crystal to make it gen spec.

You can't swap the VR3186 or the VR3285 to the DD3285.

Reactions: woogooboogoo