• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean New Sea-Dweller 126600 release [comparison VS. Gen]

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
17/4/17
Can't wait for it to be ready. Bought a vs3235 just for it. Already have a gen xtal, and hands for it too.

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

Cubatobaco

Horological Specimen
Supporter
Certified
24/6/24
VA
It would be nice for a factory to make a prototype, send it to us for QC, send it back for correction, etc. We could make it a seller!!!

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
49°50′34.8″N 9°54′07.4″E
It would be nice for a factory to make a prototype, send it to us for QC, send it back for correction, etc. We could make it a seller!!!
Yep, so the rep costs over two thousand and the production date will be in 2030 since everyone got some "brilliant idea", "this is not so gen" blah blah and the draft starts from v0.01 to v0.9999b2 and still couldn't finalized for unanimous approval.

• Haha
Reactions: kiasunkiasi

Scabicide

Getting To Know The Place
5/10/13
Got mine yesterday. A great watch, but the bezel doesn't feel like gen and has some back and forth play...
Too bad :(

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
Still waiting for QC impatiently and now there's a holiday. Might be my last purchase of the year (maybe the new Platona on my list as well)

Reaps

25/9/22
Unfortunately, you're right... :(
Bezel action or feel is usually a simple fix. Take it to a watch maker and ask if he can tighten the feeling. If it's an issue deeper than that then you can look at swapping bezel assembly with some gen parts to tighten the feeling. If not your price point look at the fishing line trick.

Remeber in replicas all your problems can be fixed. Question is how much you are willing to pay?

Reactions: Yacht-Monster

88timesaday

21/1/24
Europe
I see a few small details, but, man does this look good! The date window is rounded on the Clean vs squared off on the Gen. The scalloping on the bezel is rounded on the clean as the gen has a steeper, more closed design. Overall, definitely interested in getting one.
Not convinced with the CLEAN so I will buy the VSF knowing the cyclops mag issue has been rectified on newer batches.

Issues with CLEAN:

1. The 'Crown' logo on the crown adjuster doesnt match the gen nor VSF's.
2. Date window rounded off is a big red flag.
3. Ring inside triangle shape inside bezel (at 12o clock) is thicker than VSF and gen.
4. VR3235 movement.

Reaps

25/9/22
Not convinced with the CLEAN so I will buy the VSF knowing the cyclops mag issue has been rectified on newer batches.

Issues with CLEAN:

1. The 'Crown' logo on the crown adjuster doesnt match the gen nor VSF's.
2. Date window rounded off is a big red flag.
3. Ring inside triangle shape inside bezel (at 12o clock) is thicker than VSF and gen.
4. VR3235 movement.

You can see my post here where I made a direct comparison to VSF

Half the issues you stated also exist on VSF.

The crown on VSF is simliar if not the same to Clean - a little bit cartoony looking compared to gen
The VSF has a rounded off date window, so I don't know why you think VSF is better
The bezel, they're using the same bezel, just different pip
VR3235 has some advantage over the VS3235, namely, the "winding" issue present on the VS3235. Also there's some complaints about VS3235 having date skip issues (jumping 2 dates at once)

But at the end of the day it's your money, your choice, I think VSF and Clean are the same for this model, depends on what you can live with. I think Clean does the better dial print, and the genuine functioning HEV valve is a must have for a true "replica. VSF has the better crystal and maybe some minor aspects.

88timesaday

21/1/24
Europe

You can see my post here where I made a direct comparison to VSF

Half the issues you stated also exist on VSF.

The crown on VSF is simliar if not the same to Clean - a little bit cartoony looking compared to gen
The VSF has a rounded off date window, so I don't know why you think VSF is better
The bezel, they're using the same bezel, just different pip
VR3235 has some advantage over the VS3235, namely, the "winding" issue present on the VS3235. Also there's some complaints about VS3235 having date skip issues (jumping 2 dates at once)

But at the end of the day it's your money, your choice, I think VSF and Clean are the same for this model, depends on what you can live with. I think Clean does the better dial print, and the genuine functioning HEV valve is a must have for a true "replica. VSF has the better crystal and maybe some minor aspects.
I had a read across this recently.

I realised quickly the thick triangle anomaly is actually on the VSF and not the CLEAN. My mistake on that one.

Movement swap (to VS3235) would have been an easy workaround for me (wouldnt have mind paying extra $200 for that + 3135 stem for $5), along with crown adjuster changed too ($120), but I wouldnt have coped wearing a watch with an incorrect rounded date window. Visuals are important to me.

Maybe my terminology was wrong. So If you look closely at the window where the date is printed on, that shape is clearly a rounded rectangle. Now look at the gen and VSF. Its non-rounded and more accurate. Not referring to the crystal rounded window.

Reactions: Reaps

Reaps

25/9/22
I had a read across this recently.

I realised quickly the thick triangle anomaly is actually on the VSF and not the CLEAN. My mistake on that one.

Movement swap (to VS3235) would have been an easy workaround for me (wouldnt have mind paying extra $200 for that + 3135 stem for $5), along with crown adjuster changed too ($120), but I wouldnt have coped wearing a watch with an incorrect rounded date window. Visuals are important to me.

Maybe my terminology was wrong. So If you look closely at the window where the date is printed on, that shape is clearly a rounded rectangle. Now look at the gen and VSF. Its non-rounded and more accurate. Not referring to the crystal rounded window.
I think it's just a matter of choices, it's like if you want strawberry milk or chocolate milk, in the end, both decent options with different flavors for different people

(y)

Reactions: 88timesaday