• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean New Sea-Dweller 126600 release [comparison VS. Gen]

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
Hi my friends,

Here Clean brings you guys a new Sea-Dweller with 72h power reserve SH3235 movement.
After a great job from ARF and VSF, Clean still finds some points to upgrade this model: the Helium escape valve.

As we know this button on the 9 o’clock used to be just a decoration, now it becomes really functional on Clean Sea-Dweller. The Helium escape valve is 1:1 clone and made of titanium alloy, it works the same as gen, though it won’t be needed for the most of the time.

For a small part of you who still don’t know what it is for: the Helium escape valve is a one-way valve that releases pressure during decompression to prevent the watch from exploding or stressing the movement too much. It balances the pressure difference from interior and exterior without affecting the waterproof capability.

Other main updates:

Waterproof is upgraded to 5 bar from the factory.
The color of lume pearl on the 12 o’clock is corrected.
The extension of the clasp is better shaped and polished.

Main stock has arrived, please feel free to DM me.

See you soon,

Ctime

Last edited:

asusundevils1971

Your Parents Warned You To Stay Away From Me.
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
23/2/23
Canada
Thank you again Ctime for the update on another Clean product followed as always with detailed pics.

Reactions: CTime

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
I know there are microbrands with helium escape valves for sub $1000, but the fact we got a replica with at least a fully replicated HEV (I won't say "functional") is crazy work. And for sub $500 total price too.

Thanks CTime and Clean for the updates and model.

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Thanks again @CTime Wow, impressive, especially the 1:1 functional HE valve; wasn’t expecting Clean to go that far. Respect. I won’t be testing it anytime soon 😂

We know this excellent ceramic insert as it was supplied to the original XF/VS.

All else looks spot on after the pip update. I would have loved a crystal with proper cyclops. I mean all that work for this amazing replication, just go one tiny step further with a proper crystal and cyclops which is the first thing we look at lol.

Last edited:

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
i have to agree. We appreciate functional HE valve (impressive), but no one would ever know as it springs outward, let alone care. Better to focus on a better crystal 😉

Last edited:

Reaps

25/9/22
what a waste of resources spent on a function that will never be used on a watch that is only capable of 5 bar lmao
It's not cost effective but you can appreciate the effort.

It'd be very funny to me though because I can imagine replica wearers would be afraid to take this SD43 into water :ROFLMAO:

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Hard to tell in the photos, but the dial finish should be rich, matte black finish that looks almost tropical brown in direct sun. ARF did this well; XF/VS better.

Reaps

25/9/22
Hard to tell in the photos, but the dial finish should be rich, matte black finish that looks almost tropical brown in direct sun. ARF did this well; XF/VS better.
Yes something about the photos makes the Clean dial look "dull", I wonder if it's the rep crystal, since thick and large crystals for replicas always have some clarity issue, it's difficult even for gen to make thick, clear crystals

However, you have to admit that SEADWELLER printing is excellently done, great depth, color, and printing cleanliness....

Cubatobaco

Horological Specimen
Supporter
Certified
24/6/24
VA
I see a few small details, but, man does this look good! The date window is rounded on the Clean vs squared off on the Gen. The scalloping on the bezel is rounded on the clean as the gen has a steeper, more closed design. Overall, definitely interested in getting one.

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
It's not cost effective but you can appreciate the effort.

It'd be very funny to me though because I can imagine replica wearers would be afraid to take this SD43 into water :ROFLMAO:
I’d appreciate if they put that effort into the lemans lol

rdothroaway

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
2/5/21
I’d appreciate if they put that effort into the lemans lol
Based on Ctime's earlier post on another thread, it appears they're working on replicating the 4132 movement, I assume to match the 24hr subdial?

Sounds like they're putting some effort!

Singapore9

Renowned Member
Patron
9/8/10
Looks great - Crown is pretty bad at this resolution but GENs are easy to source, at reasonable money.

Dial does look a little dull and the printing not as fine/clear but... what do we expect at this price?

Now the He valve works - it's just incredible something like can be done at ~5% of the cost for ~95% of the watch!

Great comparison photos - thank you!

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Awesome pics as usual @CTime, thank you!

No doubt this is a great piece. Functional HEV is a landmark achievement but as mentioned it's largely a conversational feature with no real value that can't even be displayed.

An acceptable crystal with a cyclops that has no edge distortion surely would have cost less per unit. This is a real pet peeve of mine and the SD43 crystal is a bitch and a half to replace, not to mention quite expensive if you're talking gen.

heWrXb.jpeg

All the clasp engravings are notably less distinct (no interior texture or color). The clasp coronet looks anemic and simplistic.
heWtxp.jpeg

This is not meant to be overly disparaging, it is what we do after all. This is yet another great rep from CLEAN who seems unstoppable at producing top tier market pleasers.

engbanna1

Gens are replicas of first prototypes
29/5/23
KSA
Hi my friends,

Here Clean brings you guys a new Sea-Dweller with 72h power reserve SH3235 movement.
After a great job from ARF and VSF, Clean still finds some points to upgrade this model: the Helium escape valve.

As we know this button on the 9 o’clock used to be just a decoration, now it becomes really functional on Clean Sea-Dweller. The Helium escape valve is 1:1 clone and made of titanium alloy, it works the same as gen, though it won’t be needed for the most of the time.

For a small part of you who still don’t know what it is for: the Helium escape valve is a one-way valve that releases pressure during decompression to prevent the watch from exploding or stressing the movement too much. It balances the pressure difference from interior and exterior without affecting the waterproof capability.

Other main updates:

Waterproof is upgraded to 5 bar from the factory.
The color of lume pearl on the 12 o’clock is corrected.
The extension of the clasp is better shaped and polished.

Main stock has arrived, please feel free to DM me.

See you soon,

Ctime
Thanks @CTime
Very interested to see that 72h power reserve SH3235 movement.

Reactions: CTime