• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean new 126500 white and black dial comparison with GEN

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19
KAF2CK.jpeg

Taking this as my chance to make my first post after joining over 2 years ago and soaking up the vast amount of passion and knowledge RWI has to offer. I recently decided to become a patron to support the community.

I am a bit of a Daytona nut and last year in May I had the very lucky opportunity to be invited to a launch event where I was able to try on the gen 126500 as one of the first people to see it "in the flesh" in my area. I initially wasn't too fond of the amalgamation of different design aesthetics the current model brings together (there's 6263, 16520, 116520, 116509/19 elements, all in one watch) but having felt and seen it as a real object, I truly fell in love (again).

This has been barely a year ago and seeing @Bobi01 's photos leaves me utterly impressed with this V1. Insane.
Really, it was my honor to show you the beauty of this watch, joke on side about me helping ctime or clean. Im sharing with you my honest opinion, does it have flaws, definetly have, it is not perfect and reps will never be perfect. But i dont see something in the future what could improove a lot on this watch… honestly i hope they will not ruin the watch in the future updates because it wouldnt be the first time , if you ask me , v3 116500 isnt better than v1 first release , both v1-v2-v3 have flaws and if you would ask me which one should i choose for myself i couldnt tell which one… for the 126500 again, the most important thing i want to say is how much they raised their standards on QC as everything is perfect on my sample, no sel gaps, sel recession is almost perfect ( neither gen have perfectly fit sels ) , bezel is pressed down and aligned perfectly, hands are aligned perfectly, rehaut perfectly aligned… you just open package, set the time, put on wrist and you are good to go
Kiss😘

Messi

⚡️
Patron
Certified
28/4/13
🇺🇸
Really, it was my honor to show you the beauty of this watch, joke on side about me helping ctime or clean. Im sharing with you my honest opinion, does it have flaws, definetly have, it is not perfect and reps will never be perfect. But i dont see something in the future what could improove a lot on this watch… honestly i hope they will not ruin the watch in the future updates because it wouldnt be the first time , if you ask me , v3 116500 isnt better than v1 first release , both v1-v2-v3 have flaws and if you would ask me which one should i choose for myself i couldnt tell which one… for the 126500 again, the most important thing i want to say is how much they raised their standards on QC as everything is perfect on my sample, no sel gaps, sel recession is almost perfect ( neither gen have perfectly fit sels ) , bezel is pressed down and aligned perfectly, hands are aligned perfectly, rehaut perfectly aligned… you just open package, set the time, put on wrist and you are good to go
Kiss😘

FYI, If I owned CF I would hire you just for this thread alone

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Kiss😘
116500 Noob V3.5 is where I settle. The bezel for one has the serif R all the way up to V3. The dial wasn't great either. In saying that V3.5 bezel doesn't have good platinum paint which most of us had upgraded to CF bezel. All of them I think up to V4 (at least from memory) has the cloudy gasket. Personally I will wait for this new release, although having these side by side photos are amazing. I rather wait and see what CF, BTF or other factories will update or correct. Is not until when other members who had kindly be the Guinea pig to wear it in real life and kindly inform us the flaws then we know what is wrong with this V1. I think the first notable flat for me is the right lugs which is curved but I think it should be more straight. For over 800 with a TD and hopefully much cheaper with 1688 dealers I rather wait before I commit. I just ordered a CF with deep xtal for kinda my "final" panda. Having owned around 8 noobs, I am lucky to upgrade and also don't mind waiting a little bit and use the flawed ones for my project watches.

• Wow
Reactions: Bobi01

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
116500 Noob V3.5 is where I settle. The bezel for one has the serif R all the way up to V3. The dial wasn't great either. In saying that V3.5 bezel doesn't have good platinum paint which most of us had upgraded to CF bezel. All of them I think up to V4 (at least from memory) has the cloudy gasket. Personally I will wait for this new release, although having these side by side photos are amazing. I rather wait and see what CF, BTF or other factories will update or correct. Is not until when other members who had kindly be the Guinea pig to wear it in real life and kindly inform us the flaws then we know what is wrong with this V1. I think the first notable flat for me is the right lugs which is curved but I think it should be more straight. For over 800 with a TD and hopefully much cheaper with 1688 dealers I rather wait before I commit. I just ordered a CF with deep xtal for kinda my "final" panda. Having owned around 8 noobs, I am lucky to upgrade and also don't mind waiting a little bit and use the flawed ones for my project watches.
I can’t tell if this is a serious post or a joke

Reactions: Bobi01

Raminra

Getting To Know The Place
4/11/12
Germany
And i again i dont like how deep gets scratches within some time and it is not genlike spec so removing the top AR layer is a must imo …when you remove top layer here is a result on 116500 blacky vs 126500 with stock clean crystal i dont see some big difference honestly … also clean is too soft on the edges compared to gen while the deep is too sharp on the edges 😂 gen is a gold middle

And how do you remove the top AR coating?

pinoyako04

24/3/21
im curious too 🤔 how to remove it? Because mines has a AR coating at the top, i’ve seen light scratches in my xtal, i have btf daytona btw, btf xtal easily scratches..light scratches when you put a light in an angle in my xtal, im thinking of buying clean 126500 panda 😍

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19
Cape cod cloth can remove it
Very hard with hands and easy with dremmel
I used hand and it took me almost 2 hours to remove it completely
This is how it looks trough the process
You must swipe a lot with cape cod cloth, or use the dremme with cape cod and will be done in 5 mins

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Kiss😘
How many Stainless Steel Daytona Reps have you owned so far my friend?... Have you lost count yet?

I remember discussing ARF Daytonas with you when you were getting started 5 or 6 years ago, and Noobs while they were new. Then you had Cleans after Noob was raided, and maybe a BTF? So many SS Daytona versions, with both White and Black Dials.

When a new version of a Rep is announced, everyone is optimistic that many flaws will be fixed and they will be very close to Gen. Then some Members get the new version and insist that it is just like Gen with no flaws, which is never true. You are also very optimistic when you get a new Daytona version, but you then point out all of the flaws honestly and in detail. Some say too much detail. It has been great to see these Daytona flaws get smaller and smaller over the past 5 or 6 years.

All of your hands on experience with SS Daytona Reps and Gens is very valuable and I, along with many others, appreciate you sharing that knowledge, and your pictures on this forum. There are other Members with your experience, but not that many.

All joking aside, in my opinion, if you say that a Daytona Rep is really good, then I and other Members can trust that it is truly a really great watch.

Raminra

4/11/12
Germany
Cape cod cloth can remove it
Very hard with hands and easy with dremmel
I used hand and it took me almost 2 hours to remove it completely
This is how it looks trough the process
You must swipe a lot with cape cod cloth, or use the dremme with cape cod and will be done in 5 mins

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19
How many Stainless Steel Daytona Reps have you owned so far my friend?... Have you lost count yet?

I remember discussing ARF Daytonas with you when you were getting started 5 or 6 years ago, and Noobs while they were new. Then you had Cleans after Noob was raided, and maybe a BTF? So many SS Daytona versions, with both White and Black Dials.

When a new version of a Rep is announced, everyone is optimistic that many flaws will be fixed and they will be very close to Gen. Then some Members get the new version and insist that it is just like Gen with no flaws, which is never true. You are also very optimistic when you get a new Daytona version, but you then point out all of the flaws honestly and in detail. Some say too much detail. It has been great to see these Daytona flaws get smaller and smaller over the past 5 or 6 years.

All of your hands on experience with SS Daytona Reps and Gens is very valuable and I, along with many others, appreciate you sharing that knowledge, and your pictures on this forum. There are other Members with your experience, but not that many.

All joking aside, in my opinion, if you say that a Daytona Rep is really good, then I and other Members can trust that it is truly a really great watch.
Thanks brother for all kind words 🙌🏻 i have no words to say you back expect thanks and i appriciate this…

Lets get back in past, i have had few ARF daytonas before , only in white dials.. had both black and white noob daytonas … from clean daytonas i had v1 white dial and then changed dial to v2 with gen hands and some gen parts and deep crystal(removed top AR layer) , btf bracelet only because the sel recession was fitment was better… now i have black 116500 v3 also with BTF bracelet because of better sel fitment and deep crystal (top AR layer removed)… and last one is this clean 126500 panda dial which is the best from V1 …
What i want to say is that the more time passes they are getting better and better

NOTT3

30/6/23
italiy
And i again i dont like how deep gets scratches within some time and it is not genlike spec so removing the top AR layer is a must imo …when you remove top layer here is a result on 116500 blacky vs 126500 with stock clean crystal i dont see some big difference honestly … also clean is too soft on the edges compared to gen while the deep is too sharp on the edges 😂 gen is a gold middle

Unfortunately I can't find any differences, can you help me?

Shamfitch

Garmin- Sleep and Rolex- Awake
Supporter
Certified
27/1/24
Tennessee
I’ve been holding out for the 126500 and its sounds like the wait will be worth it! Great review

purplehaze89

Known Member
18/9/21
Many thanks to @M Scott for the detailed case study of the 12 series vs the 11 series in his thread. Extremely informative stuff.

Is it just me though or do the lug lengths look drastically different at the bottom?

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19
So 60 hours of power reserve and still running , i have wound the crown just 15 turns with hand and worn it for 5 days , this means autowind works perfectly… lets wait untill it stops

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19
Many thanks to @M Scott for the detailed case study of the 12 series vs the 11 series in his thread. Extremely informative stuff.

Is it just me though or do the lug lengths look drastically different at the bottom?
Yeah drastically, you will get caught by someone telling you, you wear the rep of 126500 i saw the bottom of the lugs is a 0.2mm in wrong shape 😜
Joke on side, dont be nitpick trust me, it is totally different picture, it is not side by side to judge 100%
And again they are reps, cant be 100% identical to gen

Reactions: dharma