• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean has released Rolex explorer 124270/214270 black dial on ss bracelet

hendric

The art of time
Supporter
Certified
18/10/19
Europe
Received my 39mm Clean Factory Explorer 214270 today.
I like it a lot!

KeTZOt.jpeg

hendric

The art of time
Supporter
Certified
18/10/19
Europe
Nice. Can I ask your wrist size? What is the lug-lug? Which TD did you work with? assuming it wasn't M2M. Thank you

My wrist size is small: 16cm / 6.3 inches. The lug-to-lug size of the Explorer is the same as the Submariner, within 1mm. The Explorer feels a bit less bulky; it has a cleaner design without the buzy black bezel, date window, and crown protectors. I really like my VSF126610LN Sub, but a lot of people wear them, so it has become somewhat of a cliché watch in my eyes. I do like the anti-reflective crystal of the VSF Sub; it makes it a bit easier to read the time. The Explorer does not have this feature. The 40mm has it (there is no clone of it yet) but some Explorer lovers prefer the 39mm.

My TD is Steve from The One Watches. This was my third purchase with them. I really appreciate The One Watches; they are friendly, punctual, and respond quickly to my emails and WhatsApp messages, often within a day, if not faster. They are also active here on the forum with some really great and honest Clone vs. Gen comparisons. Other TDs here on RWI are good too, but I particularly like Steve's friendliness.

HgUJR8.jpeg

Last edited:

Linksrat

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/12/23
Chicago area
My wrist size is small: 16cm / 6.3 inches. The lug-to-lug size of the Explorer is the same as the Submariner, within 1mm. The Explorer feels a bit less bulky; it has a cleaner design without the buzy black bezel, date window, and crown protectors. I really like my VSF126610LN Sub, but a lot of people wear them, so it has become somewhat of a cliché watch in my eyes. I do like the anti-reflective crystal of the VSF Sub; it makes it a bit easier to read the time. The Explorer does not have this feature. The 40mm has it (there is no clone of it yet) but some Explorer lovers prefer the 39mm.

My TD is Steve from The One Watches. This was my third purchase with them. I really appreciate The One Watches; they are friendly, punctual, and respond quickly to my emails and WhatsApp messages, often within a day, if not faster. They are also active here on the forum with some really great and honest Clone vs. Gen comparisons. Other TDs here on RWI are good too, but I particularly like Steve's friendliness.

HgUJR8.jpeg
Thank you for the info and nice pics of your Subs too.
I mis wrote what I meant on lug msmst --- is your Explorer 19 or 20 width? I think Gens are 19 or 21....ugh!.
I'm really leaning to a 39mm for my 7.25+ wrist.
With the Chinese NY over I'll reach out to some TDs here, including your recommendation of Steve w One Watch. Thanks again!

Mike

kiasunkiasi

16/6/23
Malaysia
Thank you for the info and nice pics of your Subs too.
I mis wrote what I meant on lug msmst --- is your Explorer 19 or 20 width? I think Gens are 19 or 21....ugh!.
I'm really leaning to a 39mm for my 7.25+ wrist.
With the Chinese NY over I'll reach out to some TDs here, including your recommendation of Steve w One Watch. Thanks again!

Mike
CF 39mm Explorer's lug is 20mm

michaelle1193

15/1/20
I bought the watch from C Time and i have been wearing for a few days and today, My explorer 39mm didn’t run. I did everything and still not working until i have to shake the watch very strong. Don’t understand why

• Wow
Reactions: kiasunkiasi

keisuke_z

Renowned Member
22/1/13
I bought the watch from C Time and i have been wearing for a few days and today, My explorer 39mm didn’t run. I did everything and still not working until i have to shake the watch very strong. Don’t understand why
Does it run if you hand wind it a bit? Could be an issue with the power reserve or the rotor not properly winding.

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
Would you please contact our WA and make a video to explain a bit? We can help with this

keisuke_z

Renowned Member
22/1/13
… One problem I would note is that mine doesn’t seem to hold its power reserve. Likely the movement needs a service - checked it through, swapped out the auto winding module and maybe that’ll do the trick.

Also have an AE oyster flex and some smartyendlinks on the way to try out a diff look with it too.
Quick update:

Swapping the auto winding module worked - watch holds its reserve now! But is running at least -30spd or more, generally a minute or two slower by the end of the day. So a service is definitely needed.

On the other hand, after some sizing challenges with the Aliexpress seller, managed to land on an aftermarket Oysterflex strap that worked, along with smartyendlinks:

The strap is relatively comfortable, although I doubt that there’s actually any metal inside despite the listing indicating as such. The endlinks are okay - machining is good but not great. There are horizontal machining lines visible, which strike me as odd given how I would have imagined the links being shaped. I’ll likely try refinishing them with files/sandpaper later if it bugs me enough.

Profs 2xAR crystal had held up amazingly. No marks on the outer coating despite daily wear. Pretty much the best mod this watch can take!

Reactions: Reaps