• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory Submariner Review

mac427

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/1/23
texas
Clean Factory Submariner review: The watch is beautiful without any visual flaws that I can see without a loupe and it was running when I opened the box. The crown screws in smoothly, the date setting is flawless and the bezel clicks like a genuine example. After about a week of wear, I noticed the watch was running 30 seconds a day slow. Accordingly I took it to my local watchmaker who popped it open and set the timing. My watchmaker was impressed with the quality of the movement. The Sub now runs 6 seconds a day fast after adjustment. Just right as far as I'm concerned. I I've attached a photo of my new Sub with the knowledge that some of the fanatics on this forum may find something to quibble with, but that not withstanding, I'm highly satisfied with my new Submariner.

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
I have a CF Sub Date with a VR movement and absolutely love it. I realize that VSF Subs get more love on RWI but CF is nothing to be ashamed of. Great watch and wear it in good health.

Reactions: SaddleTramp

a27

8/6/23
Spain
Very nice, I have the clean YM and the movement is very accurate.

mac427

26/1/23
texas
OP here, as of today, June 18, 2023, over 8 months after purchase, my Clean Sub 41 is running about 3 minutes a month fast which is how I like it. It has been a great watch with no problems at all. I'm pretty careful with it and haven't even picked up any scratches to speak of. Kinda strange because my last gen 41 mm Sub was a scratch magnet. Go figure?

wisedennis

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
11/11/22
CONUS USA
OP here, as of today, June 18, 2023, over 8 months after purchase, my Clean Sub 41 is running about 3 minutes a month fast which is how I like it. It has been a great watch with no problems at all. I'm pretty careful with it and haven't even picked up any scratches to speak of. Kinda strange because my last gen 41 mm Sub was a scratch magnet. Go figure?
Does your Clean carry a VR3135 or VS3135? When did your order it?

Dennis

LazardLizard

schizophrénie
12/3/23
Belarus
What about scratches at the clasp?

mac427

26/1/23
texas
What about scratches at the clasp?
I know it's weird, but none so far. Possible reasons: (1) I always take my watch off when working on my cars or other mechanical projects. (2) I haven't flown since I got it. Airline seats with metal on the arms are major scratchers. (3) I'm careful at the gym and haven't bonked it lifting weights. (4) I'm retired and don't sit at a desk any more. (5) I've worn Rolex watches for over 50 years and have developed habits that avoid scratches.

Reactions: SaddleTramp

Newguyhere95

26/1/23
USA
I also had my Clean Sub, just now I noticed there is some faded or scratches on bracelet.
They use 904 steel, so I don’t know how this happened. Maybe my working environment with chemicals all day long made those spots shows up on bracelet.
Btw thats a nice black Sub!

Reactions: FussyBuyer

asusundevils1971

Your Parents Warned You To Stay Away From Me.
Supporter
23/2/23
Canada
I also had my Clean Sub, just now I noticed there is some faded or scratches on bracelet.
They use 904 steel, so I don’t know how this happened. Maybe my working environment with chemicals all day long made those spots shows up on bracelet.
Btw thats a nice black Sub!
@Newguyhere95 The marks on your bracelet is from the flip lock hitting it when you put it on and take it off.

Reactions: Newguyhere95

Watchfan12b

Known Member
1/7/23
Bulgaria
Hi guys,
I am thinking of getting a sub and a still can’t decide if I want the starbucks or the black dial black bezel. There is only one thing that i am still concerned of I have a rootbeer, daytona and 5711 and the daytona with its lug to lug looks kind of ok but I think that the gmt looks a bit too big. My wrist size is 16,7cm. And I know the sub is about 0.5mm bigger lug to lug than the gmt. What do you thing will I be able to pull the sub or it will be way to big I don’t know why but watching watchbox, he says that his wrist is 16cm but even so the watches looks smaller on his wrist than on mine(16.7cm).
I am sending a few photos of the watxhes I have.

mac427

26/1/23
texas
I have a small wrist and my 41 mm Clean Sub rides great and was adjusted precisely by my jeweler. The glide lock on the clasp works as well as a gen. I know because I've owned several gen Subs over the years.

Watchfan12b

Known Member
1/7/23
Bulgaria
I have a small wrist and my 41 mm Clean Sub rides great and was adjusted precisely by my jeweler. The glide lock on the clasp works as well as a gen. I know because I've owned several gen Subs over the years.
Thank you for the answer, What is the size of your wrist if you don’t mind me asking and can you send me some photos if it is not a problem?

mac427

26/1/23
texas
Hello, I have a seven inch wrist but I'm having trouble loading the images you requested.