• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory New Submariner Series Review (Incl. Comparison Pics vs Gen)

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
Then how can the CF 126 LN is ARF origin?
ARF is not a manufacturer by all means, at least not for the bracelet

i meant CF 41mm sub bracelets are made by ARF however ARF isn't producing their own 41mm subs yet

it's a well known fact that all CF subs and DJs use ARF-made bracelets

BTW ARF making the 21mm bracelets for the 41mm sub has no bearing on whether they also make their own 41mm subs or not

and i'm not sure what you mean by "ARF is not a manufacturer by all means, at least not for the bracelet" because ARF is the best regarded bracelet manufacturer in the rep rolex space

Last edited:

Syncronise

Horology Curious
15/5/19
Australia
I just ordered this new CF Sub with VS3125 movement, as with VR in my DeepSeaJC I’ll add Gen autowind for the painted or otherwise reversing wheels I heard in the past VS3135 or Dandong? Has winding issues? Anyone know if this would resolve those issues or if it’s more from the crown and stem the winding problems ?
Thanks in advance for any pointers anyone can pass on.

Syncronise

Horology Curious
15/5/19
Australia
PS it’s the Hulk version so hoping it’s as good as I’ve heard - with an ARF bracelet presumably it’s the same one on my ARF Deepsea ?

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
Have seen that CF started using the VS3135 movement in their Submariners. Can anyone confirm if they also started using the VS movement in their Datejust 41 or know if they plan to?

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
I just took receipt of a CF 116610 LN and I have to say having handled the VSF Sub for a few months (in relation to my gen 116618) - The CF Sub to me looks much more "believable" than the VSF. The VSF at an un-modded state I found had a poor pearl, questionable hour hand and rough date disc.

This CF Sub has very good dates, fairly good rehaut and excellent insert. My only negative would be the CF bracelet, I dont think the bracelet and clasp feel as rigid as my gen (still good though). I therefore mounted my VSF bracelet (which imo is an upgrade over CF) and the watch feels tight. Not sure what people dont like about the CF crystal, looks perfectly fine next to my gen. I need to further study the SEL fitment, so far it looks good but I may mix and match between CF and VSF to see which ones give me a more consistant reveal between the case lugs and endlinks.

I've got two references to a photo below - the one that doesn't preview on Tapa will open (hi res) on your desktop.

IMG-7528.jpg

IMG-7528.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DRBARAKAT

rolexsub1

Known Member
2/10/21
Europe
I just took receipt of a CF 116610 LN and I have to say having handled the VSF Sub for a few months (in relation to my gen 116618) - The CF Sub to me looks much more "believable" than the VSF. The VSF at an un-modded state I found had a poor pearl, questionable hour hand and rough date disc.

This CF Sub has very good dates, fairly good rehaut and excellent insert. My only negative would be the CF bracelet, I dont think the bracelet and clasp feel as rigid as my gen (still good though). I therefore mounted my VSF bracelet (which imo is an upgrade over CF) and the watch feels tight. Not sure what people dont like about the CF crystal, looks perfectly fine next to my gen. I need to further study the SEL fitment, so far it looks good but I may mix and match between CF and VSF to see which ones give me a more consistant reveal between the case lugs and endlinks.

I've got two references to a photo below - the one that doesn't preview on Tapa will open (hi res) on your desktop.

IMG-7528.jpg

IMG-7528.jpg

The Clean 116610 does not use the ARF bracelet, like the 126610 does?

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
The Clean 116610 does not use the ARF bracelet, like the 126610 does?

I can’t comment on who uses what as my background on these modern 6 digits isn’t extensive.

I found that the VSF clasp both fit and finish felt more like my gen clasp over the CF.

When I mounted the full VSF bracelet to the CF case it fit (spring bars fully engaged sitting even) but after careful review once more I noticed the center hips on the end links raised slightly higher than the CF ones which resulted in the underside of the bezel rubbing.

I’ve gone back to CF end links and have replaced the remainder of the bracelet with VSF counterparts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Solaris58

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
Hi guys, I’m a bit confused and looking for the experts to chime in on this one. Looking at Clean 116613 VR3135 I’m seeing different movements from two different TDs (Geektime and Trusty). Can you guys confirm which one is the correct VR 3135? Thank you!

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
Hi guys, I’m a bit confused and looking for the experts to chime in on this one. Looking at Clean 116613 VR3135 I’m seeing different movements from two different TDs (Geektime and Trusty). Can you guys confirm which one is the correct VR 3135? Thank you!

afaik clean 40mm will now ship with VS3135 bro. JTime is waiting for stock to arrive. i have pending qc from Feb

Reactions: Uhr70

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18

Both are. Just that one is an updated whilst the other is an old version.

Reactions: Uhr70

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA

Both are. Just that one is an updated whilst the other is an old version.

Thank you. Is the updated version the one with the two levers hidden to make it look more like the gen?

Alex22

12/2/18
i meant CF 41mm sub bracelets are made by ARF however ARF isn't producing their own 41mm subs yet

it's a well known fact that all CF subs and DJs use ARF-made bracelets

BTW ARF making the 21mm bracelets for the 41mm sub has no bearing on whether they also make their own 41mm subs or not

and i'm not sure what you mean by "ARF is not a manufacturer by all means, at least not for the bracelet" because ARF is the best regarded bracelet manufacturer in the rep rolex space
that the CF bracelets of the 41mm have no bearings what do you mean?