• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory 116613LB weighs like gen???/ Help almost got scammed!

KlendatuBug

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/6/21
You're right, I was wrong - I shouldn't be mocking a watch authenticator. We need more people like you.

What are these - rep or gen ? Sorry, no weighing scales available but I'm sure that won't throw you off your game.

IMG-1301.jpg

1.jpg

6.jpg

6.jpg

IMG-3759.jpg

IMG-9807.jpg

Some of these are franken watches, made by you. Some of them (exII) you even sold on this very forum. You want me to name the parts of the watches? Come on,

The tiffany gilt 16800 looks interesting. Did any of u guys really shave the lugs?

KlendatuBug

Banned
2/6/21
Which are rep, which are gen.

Gilt in a 16800 ?

No, never sold an Explorer II here or anywhere else, you must be thinking of someone else.
Yes gilt in a 16800, what would be wrong with that?

I am not completely sure about the tiffany. Gotta see better dial pictures. The rest is franken. The tudor sub is a really bad attempt btw.

got something for you. I personally checked these 2 watches. What do you think dawg?

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
The info provided on this forum doesnt only serve the people who don’t want get scammed. All scammers world wide use rwi as a basic source of knowledge.

Scammers would exist with or without the existence of RWI. Especially when it comes to luxury watches.

I do feel as a forum we try our best to actually find these scammers and make people aware of them. There is an active hatred of scammers here as a lot of people do indeed end up here because they have been scammed in the past.

KlendatuBug

Banned
2/6/21
Btw, i would never claim that weighing or clasp codes are a relevant method for authenticating vintage references. As i stated before there are solid gold fakes of several references around.
with vintage you’ll need to examine every part of the watch. Authenticating a 16800, 5513 or 6262 from a picture alone would be careless af…

Clasp codes and serial number checks work very well for 6 digit references. Yes there are 6 digit franken watches with gen cases, but they are really really rare…

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I like the way this thread is going! An 'Is-it-Gen-or-Rep-off' between Tripdog and OP! Only one can survive. The winner gets a gilt dial 16800. Let battle commerce!

Reactions: mari115

KlendatuBug

Banned
2/6/21
I like the way this thread is going! An 'Is-it-Gen-or-Rep-off' between Tripdog and OP! Only one can survive. The winner gets a gilt dial 16800. Let battle commerce!

Id advise you to run an archive search again. The 16800 special order pieces (and some tiffany dials) came as gilt printing. It is well recorded. I think the 2017 mondani II has a picture in it…

KlendatuBug

Banned
2/6/21
It’s true. I’ve seen Trip’s bowel movements.
The invasion continues. Join the resistance.

yet, i obviously called out all the fakes he threw at me in that hilarious attempt to ridicule my knowledge. Still wondering if the dawg is able to properly analyze my pictures. I guess he is desperately asking his friends over at TRF for some last minute support ????

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Id advise you to run an archive search again. The 16800 special order pieces (and some tiffany dials) came as gilt printing. It is well recorded. I think the 2017 mondani II has a picture in it…

Oh, please don't think I'm commenting on what's real or not. I struggle to tell the difference between an RM and a Franck Muller.

Reactions: mpx

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Dude you are hilarious. All the points i made are well justified. All you do is deflecting. About the clasp/serial codes? Are you like completely out of your mind? I mean seriously you claim to have knowledge on the replica industry and yet you deny that clasp codes and serial codes exist which can easily call out the rep factory? You are aware that Rolex serial numbers and clasp codes are random? Dude just get out of my way, clearly you don’t habe the slightest idea what u r actually trolling about. Or maybe you just have some other form of agenda.

Omg.....tripdog has more knowledge on watches than you ever will. He's probably forgot more things that you will ever learn.

Reactions: JohnnyBe

KlendatuBug

Banned
2/6/21
Omg.....tripdog has more knowledge on watches than you ever will. He's probably forgot more things that you will ever learn.

Should be easy for him to analyze the authenticity of the 2 watches i posted. After all i correctly named all of his franken watches after he dared me to…

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Yes gilt in a 16800, what would be wrong with that?

Everything ? As in, it doesn't exist ?

The tudor sub is a really bad attempt btw.

OK, I'll let Tudor know you think it's crap - it's all gen except for the insert. It was a restoration project, but it looks like Tudor really screwed up with those models.

You've given the wrong answer.The right answer is 'it's not possible to tell, with any degree of precision if a watch is genuine or rep from just one pic'.

Just as it's not possible to tell if a watch is gen or rep by looking at the clasp codes - the clasp codes used are also used by the genuine manufacturers - in fact, that's where the Chinese factories get their ref' codes, the genuine manufacturers.

Well, it's been fun, but I have things to do - you play nice with the others now, you hear ?

architekt

27/1/19
Austria
Not trying to point any fingers but not gonna lie its kinda cringe how quick and how far this went off topic...

Last edited: