• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CLEAN Bluesy review (NOT HAPPY)

Newguyhere95

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/1/23
USA
Hi guys,
I just want to give some review for for my CLEAN Rolex Bluesy 116613LB. I ordered this piece from Trusty and the watch look good from outside. Since I got the watch on May 17 2023, the crown was kinda difficult to wind and couple days ago, I tried to wind to change time and the crown or stem got stuck.
I carefully wind counterclockwise and the whole crown stem came off 😭.
I owned few pieces from Clean factory before and it all works great. This is my first time I have this bad experience with Clean.
My TD and I are working together to get this repair via his watchmaker in USA. Hope this turn out well.
So happy with this Bluesy until this happened

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
I would recommend reposting the pictures using the BBCode.

Reactions: Newguyhere95

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/16
Hi guys,
I just want to give some review for for my CLEAN Rolex Bluesy 116613LB. I ordered this piece from Trusty and the watch look good from outside. Since I got the watch on May 17 2023, the crown was kinda difficult to wind and couple days ago, I tried to wind to change time and the crown or stem got stuck.
I carefully wind counterclockwise and the whole crown stem came off 😭.
I owned few pieces from Clean factory before and it all works great. This is my first time I have this bad experience with Clean.
My TD and I are working together to get this repair via his watchmaker in USA. Hope this turn out well.
So happy with this Bluesy until this happened
Hey, the same thing has happened on my clean watches. One of mine seems like it will break soon, my other one already broke.

The TD can get you a new one. It’s an issue on all of cleans watches, the crown stem & tube is very poor quality.

You’ll know that yours is about to break by what you noticed, twisting it is “hard” and it feels rough. That means it needs to be replaced.

Luckily for you the entire crown w/ stem came out. That’s the best case scenario. Me and a few other members had ours shear in half instead.

Last edited:

Newguyhere95

26/1/23
USA
Hey, the same thing has happened on my clean watches. One of mine seems like it will break soon, my other one already broke.

The TD can get you a new one. It’s an issue on all of cleans watches, the crown stem & tube is very poor quality.

You’ll know that yours is about to break by what you noticed, twisting it is “hard” and it feels rough. That means it needs to be replaced.

Luckily for you the entire crown w/ stem came out. That’s the best case scenario. Me and a few other members had ours shear in half instead.
How can you say to make TD get a new one? I never heard about this.

Newguyhere95

26/1/23
USA
Repost pics
3fbsDQ.jpeg

3fbuqL.jpeg

3fbkKP.jpeg

3fbTBo.jpeg

3fbvTR.jpeg

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/16
Repost pics
3fbsDQ.jpeg

3fbuqL.jpeg

3fbkKP.jpeg

3fbTBo.jpeg

3fbvTR.jpeg
Tell the TD what happened, you can send them these pics, and ask for them to source a replacement crown and possibly crown tube from the factory. I contacted JTIME (who I originally bought mine from), and since it had been a few months, I was out of warranty period (so now it will cost some money to get a new one), he's getting me a new one from the factory for $25, + $25 shipping.

Last edited:

Newguyhere95

26/1/23
USA
Tell the TD what happened, you can send them these pics, and ask for them to source a replacement crown and possibly crown tube from the factory. I contacted JTIME (who I originally bought mine from), and since it had been a few months, I was out of warranty period (so now it will cost some money to get a new one), he's getting me a new one from the factory for $25, + $25 shipping.
Thank you for advice.
I talked with Trusty, and he helped me to contact with his watch repairer guy in US. And he said it will be fixed with no charge. I think that the best option he can do.

Newguyhere95

26/1/23
USA
Thank you for advice.
I talked with Trusty, and he helped me to contact with his watch repairer guy in US. And he said it will be fixed with no charge. I think that the best option he can do.

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/16
Thank you for advice.
You could also try just reinserting this if you have the tools laying around. It's not too hard. You'll need the caseback removal tool, and a small screwdriver, that's it for this repair. You just need to watch a youtube video on how to do it so you don't fuck it up. Although I'd say if yours popped out like this, it's an issue on the movement, perhaps not the crown. The movement has a little piece that basically "holds" the crown in to the movement. If this piece has rattled around and isn't holding it in place, then what happened to you could happen. Yours doesn't actually look broken, just that it came out.

The watch repairer will tell you if you need a new crown. Watchmakers that are familiar with reps will either 1) likely have an extra crown laying around already, or 2) will know how to source you one. Worst case scenario, go back to trusty and ask for a replacement from the TD. You can also try contacting JTIME or CTIME, both of them can get replacements from factories too.

Last edited: