• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 39mm Explorer I (214270) or 40mm Air King (126900)

James19801980

Supporter
Certified
27/4/15
KzK4w4.jpeg

I received this yesterday. I’ve always been a fan of the AK but I know it’s love/hate for most. The new version fixed a lot of the issues for me - I really like the crown guards and balanced dial.

Anyway, I do not have the eye for detail many on the forum have, but this looks and feels great to me. I think I might try it on a rubber b…..

Benodino

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/12/23
Ireland
KzK4w4.jpeg

I received this yesterday. I’ve always been a fan of the AK but I know it’s love/hate for most. The new version fixed a lot of the issues for me - I really like the crown guards and balanced dial.

Anyway, I do not have the eye for detail many on the forum have, but this looks and feels great to me. I think I might try it on a rubber b…..
I have the same from CF, and tbh it's a very good rep. I went last time to a rolex boutique and I didn't see any difference, maybe only the seconds-hand Hour.

hendric

The art of time
Supporter
Certified
18/10/19
Europe
Received my 39mm Clean Factory Explorer 214270 today.
I like it a lot!

KeTZOt.jpeg

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Just received the Clean 126900, and IMO this new design gives the AirKing a real place in the Rolex "professional" collection.
I always thought the modern AK was a lost watch : too sporty and unbalanced dial to be elegant, too dull of a case to be sporty. With nothing to do with its pilot ancestor on top of that, it just did'nt ring any bell.

Now the addition of the crown guards, the "05" balancing the dial and a proper "technical" clasp gives it a clear sporty appeal.
It wears broader than the Explorer 1, with much more presence than the past 116900 reference.
It still has nothing to do with the vintage AK (it should be renamed Ground King IMO 🙂) but I really like it now !
I loved the Explorer 1 but somehow it did'nt fully fit me, this one does 👍.

The Clean has very good finishings. The printed fonts are nicely raised and strong, the movement works like a charm and the case just passed several 6ATM pressure tests with success. Great rep !