• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Chopard MM GT XL

donaldejose

I'm Pretty Popular
20/12/08
Most of us know about this watch and the famous race it is named after so I am just going to post close-up photos.
It is quite a dramatic watch and there are other variations.
Other members can post further information about the race and watch if they wish.
The Mille Miglia is still run today although in its present form it is more a touring event than a real race.

DSC_0349.JPG

DSC_0353.JPG

DSC_0336.JPG

DSC_0347.JPG

DSC_0240.JPG

DSC_0250(2).JPG

DSC_0268.JPG

DSC_0283(1).JPG

DSC_0324(1).JPG

DSC_0317(1).JPG

DSC_0228(1).JPG

DSC_0302.JPG

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Your photography is stunning, as are your subjects! Thanks for making me want another watch. :-(

donaldejose

I'm Pretty Popular
20/12/08
levelmanroger: I am glad you appreciate my photos.
I still have a long list of watches i want to photograph.
I now purchase watches primarily because I think they may make a good photograph!
Take another look at the photos above.
I just added two new ones taken on the hood of my 911 in the garage in the dark.
These show the old time tire pattern of the rubber strap and are quite dramatic.

donaldejose

I'm Pretty Popular
20/12/08
Yes, Matyoka. I just purchased it from the members sales section. I think you were interested in it also. Sorry I bought it before you could. I love it: striking, large but comfortable on the wrist, easy to read and a good watch to wear with an Italian car (which I don't have but wish it did). However if you still want it I will wear it for a week or so and then mail it on to you. Just PM your address to me.

Matyoka

Renowned Member
5/7/10
Donald,

I was interested for a while, then I set my mind on a Bell&Ross 03 again :). Eventually I will go for a GT as well... Thanks for the reply.

donaldejose

I'm Pretty Popular
20/12/08
Just added two photos taken outside this morning on the hood of the car so you can see the deep blue color better.

BADWIN BING

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/10
Ironic that I've just stumbled on this post. The same watch arrived at my door this very morning.

I've admired the GT XL from the moment I joined this forum, but not so much that I wanted to pay big bucks for it.....I'm more of an Omega/Pam kind of man. After some thought I took the plunge and ordered this bad boy from Narikka.

To be honest, for the price I paid, I wasn't expecting much but I'm totally blown away with this one. The build quality, strap, looks and feel on the wrist have totally exceeded my expectations. I love it!

I'm sure there are flaws compared to the gen but I'm not gonna concern myself with those. It's a great looking watch and at 44mm a perfect size, for me at least.

A steal. :)

Dan_lie

21/10/10
After some thought I took the plunge and ordered this bad boy from Narikka.

To be honest, for the price I paid, I wasn't expecting much but I'm totally blown away with this one. The build quality, strap, looks and feel on the wrist have totally exceeded my expectations. I love it!

Me too! got mine last week! The only thing i want to do is remove the crystal and put it back in as the mag doesn't perfectly line up with the date.

Other than that its superb, delivery took 1 DAY!!!