• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Chopard MM GT XL Chrono versions?

nardi99

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/9/09
Chopard MM GT XL Chrono versions? & QC Pics

Haven't purchased a REP for a while due to issues with a previous purchase.

However decided to give it another go as I really want an AP diver V3.5. Also decided to get a Mille Miglia GT XL Chrono (2007 grey edition). However there are two versions on the Torobravos Site website:

http://www.torobravos.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=36_185

One is $298 and the other is $388. Descriptions are almost identical except the more expensive one is listed as H factory. only real difference I can see from the photos is the case back.

Any thoughts one which is the best version?

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Get the 388 version mate. I just got the white version and its amazing....feels like a gen and is made very well.

panasol

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/11
EU
I second that....
Great watch...it just feels that it needs a gen strap...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

nardi99

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/9/09
Thanks for the advice guys,

Ordered the H factory one as advised. Just received the QC pics, However, to my untrained eye it looks as though the raised sub dials are positioned incorrectly. This is most noticeable on the 'seconds' sub dial where the red markers do not appear to be centralised. Might be just the shadow though. What do you think see photos below.

I have asked for some additional pictures to confirm.

thornagraveordmthorneumlccedil1_zpsc5ca0824.jpg

thornagraveordmthorneumlccedil3_zpsa66647f9.jpg

PeteM

Renowned Member
23/10/09
You are right to question it mate.... but if you look at the held pic you can see the watch is tilted top forward to centre the cyclops over DW...

So its likely that the centring of the secs markers is due to the angles..but if in doubt you should always ask... but I guess you have it now and are happy with it :)

The H maker verion with the Asian copy Valgranges (not Valgranes as site says) movement does have some consistency issues but that particular one is not one of them... though the AP makers version does have that issue in terms of consistency...

jpohl402

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/7/12
Why do they not make the non-chrono version anymore?

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Thanks for the advice guys,

Ordered the H factory one as advised. Just received the QC pics, However, to my untrained eye it looks as though the raised sub dials are positioned incorrectly. This is most noticeable on the 'seconds' sub dial where the red markers do not appear to be centralised. Might be just the shadow though. What do you think see photos below.

I have asked for some additional pictures to confirm.

thornagraveordmthorneumlccedil1_zpsc5ca0824.jpg

thornagraveordmthorneumlccedil3_zpsa66647f9.jpg
you are right, the subdial surrounds are slightly off. look closely at the the other rings, it looks like the 6 and the 12 are not evenly spaced inside the ring on the minute and hours dials