• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Chopard Mille Miglia Gran Tourismo XL

tutima

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/06
A preview of what is coming from Puretime. I borrowed his pics from TRC. Hope he doesn't mind.

An excellent rep. of a great watch. Can't wait for the debut which was said to be sometime in December.

IMG_3697.jpg

IMG_3701.jpg

IMG_3710.jpg

IMG_3711.jpg

ChopardBuckle-5.jpg

ChopardBuckle-6.jpg

ChopardBuckle-2.jpg

jwizzar

Known Member
12/8/06
that thing looks sick....is it a fantasy...or close to gen...either way i think i'll pick one of those up

found a picture of the gen here it is

MM20061.jpg

pg_cho_05_0803_gtxl_01.jpg

caseback

MM2006VERSO_thmb.jpg

this is what the press release said

"Chopard has opted to think resolutely big for this distinctive new creation. It is XL in size, with a steel case measuring 44 mm in diameter and water-resistant to 100 metres; XL in terms of its COSC-certified chronometer movement, one of the largest self-winding calibers on the market, a real champion of endurance and reliability; and XL by its two large raised 6 and 12 o?clock Arabic numerals creating a highly original effect against the silvered velvet-finish dial. The red minute track and ?arrow-tipped? seconds pointer add a little technical touch reminiscent of the Mille Miglia race flag. Read-off is facilitated by the magnified date window integrated in the glare-proof sapphire crystal. "

Masticore

21/4/06
Looks great, but the caseback seems as the biggest flaw, specially when its a see through.

ThumbModds

I'm Pretty Popular
29/8/06
what I like about the rep pictured is that it has the right crystal height and slight curve at the edge which I haven't seen yet on another one too bad it doesn't have the limited case back or I would get it.

I bought a few Reps from Angus back a couple of years ago they where up to par.

jwizzar

Known Member
12/8/06
Just got confirmation...this one is coming out within a few weeks with a few other awesome surprises...sorry i was asked not to tell...but trust me you guys will be happy and broke

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
i think i like the Reserve version :)

cntrl

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/06
can't wait to get this piece! Should be one of the more accurate reps out there :D

jwizzar

Known Member
12/8/06
i've checked trustys site every day to see if he has it...this is the one i'm hoping for the most right now...then maybe the big bang.

tutima

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/06
Wo Mart has them up for pre-order but prices are not set yet.

cntrl

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/06
dealers are saying that it will have asian 7750 movement. is this movement any good? I have read alot of mixed reviews, but any owners have a say from experience? can a swiss 7750 be fitted in it? or perhaps in version 2.0?

tutima

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/06
cntrl said:
dealers are saying that it will have asian 7750 movement. is this movement any good? I have read alot of mixed reviews, but any owners have a say from experience? can a swiss 7750 be fitted in it? or perhaps in version 2.0?

My understanding is that it is a modified Asian 7750 movement. Standard Swiss 7750 will not do. I have no concern with the latest high beat 7750. Especially when it is not even a chrono.

WatchDude13

Renowned Member
3/11/06
It is out at Andrew & Joshua's, but the date wheel seems to be the wrong color. :cry:

It is sporting an Asian 21J movement.

tutima

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/06
The 21j version has been out for a while now. This version is not very good. The one Angus previewing is the modified 7750 version and is supposed to be much better than the 21j version.

However, Angus did hinting that the price of this piece will be higher than the latest improved Breitling Evolution he is selling at the moment. That means, it will be priced maybe in the mid $300 and for me, will be a stopper although I like this watch very much.