• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Chopard GT XL Chrono - photoshoot!

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
i am in love with this watch, i love the huge magnified date!! i am about to place an order and check my usual TD site and noticed he just added this watch (updated) in 2014, newest version??. However, i noticed the lume pictures are different from the one here. the hour and minute hand are blue and the markers are green. is that how the new ones look like or is there something wrong here. i do not believe that the lume can be wrong when the watch is done up so nicely...

please advise, anyone, i will end up with AP V5.1 if no one can answer me that question…. (i have seen chopard before not particularly this model and didn't noticed any blue and green lume ...

Where did you saw it? Do you have a link? I suppose it's only a new stock and different way of taking pictures but I can be wrong. I'm also interested in this watch since I saw it at AD in Graz before Christmas, amazing watch. But I don't know if I like it so much to spend $400 on it. :/

Also you won't go wrong with AP Diver, it's an amazing watch! ;)

benjaa47

Horology Curious
20/10/13
i saw it in PT website.  i have not gotten an answer from them….go see it yourself.  i am just waiting for an answer so i can place an order.  Freaking nice watch !!!!!

qanda

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/12/12
Hi all,

Does enyone have any info to share regarding this rep and the questions posted by benjaa47 and shellby1501?
More specifically, how does it compare to gen in terms of accuracy and overall feel/look?

Thanks!

ericb196

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
18/5/11
It's close between rep and gen for sure !! There are some différences of course.

ericb196

Supporter
Certified
18/5/11
Can you elaborate on the key differences?

Thanks!

Check my post where I show my Franken version, there is a dial comparison inside (gen dial and rep dial in the same picture).

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=180014

You can make your own opinion.

The other topic is the saphir that is nicer in the Gen (but the latest version of the rep are better then the first one).
The movement is more decorated and therefore nicer.

qanda

17/12/12
Check my post where I show my Franken version, there is a dial comparison inside (gen dial and rep dial in the same picture).

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=180014

You can make your own opinion.

The other topic is the saphir that is nicer in the Gen (but the latest version of the rep are better then the first one).
The movement is more decorated and therefore nicer.

Thanks for the link. I guess the biggest differences are the black vs. dark grey color of the dial and the red markers. Still a beautiful watch, but the color difference on the dial is pretty easy to spot.
Do you have any knowledge on the non-chrono models with the power reserve indicator? Thanks.

ericb196

Supporter
Certified
18/5/11
No info on the non chrono with power réserve but it's probably the same in my opinion. I saw the same result on the non chrono without power reserve..

Tempo

I'm Pretty Popular
10/2/13
This is a Chopard Mille Miglia GT XL with Asian copy Valgranes A07.211 movement, black/grey dial and superlume, as supplied by Perfect Clones.

Hope you enjoy the pics! :cheers:

8745833154_a0e92ed1d0_b.jpg

8745832918_ccd2eb8972_b.jpg

8745832092_8ed05461fa_b.jpg

8744712719_677a1c4243_b.jpg

8744711951_fc94ce3dc6_b.jpg

Woow! Stunning pics man!

nirish

Horology Curious
28/12/14
I hope it is okay to bring this post back to life, I am in love with this watch and if I can find availability it is the one I want.

I have contacted a couple of dealers and so far have been offered this rep.
http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=36_185&product_id=799

However I can see that it comes with a covered back which is nowhere close to this exposed model. Anyone know where I can source the model above and what it cost ?

jpohl402

10/7/12
^^
It's the same watch above - the Toro product is good/the one you want.
For some reason, the black dial has exhibition (clear back) but grey and/or white dials have the solid back w map on it - don't know why it's done this way.

qanda

17/12/12
Happy new year all!

Does anyone know if there have been any updates to the dial to make it closer to the original?

WatchKink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/2/15
Wow, is that completely standard from TD? LOOKS amazing!

If I get one of these what mods can be done to make it super gen like?