• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Chopard GT XL Chrono- Black dial AR question

chillininla

Known Member
27/8/07
Hey guys,

Visited the local Chopard AD yesterday and fell in love with the MM GT XL chrono (black dial).
Getting ready to get the rep but am only hesitant about the fact that the rep only has single sided AR.

So if anyone has this rep: wondering if it is noticeable that its only single sided and if you can see the reflection on the non-coated side.
Also, if the outside is coated or the inside.
Basically, How good is the AR?

Thanks.

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
I have the grey dial version and it has double sided AR.
The black dial should be the same AFAIK

chillininla

Known Member
27/8/07
Might go for the gray dial then, a lot more people seem to have that version. And the AR quality looks a lot better in the pics.
How do you like yours?

gilzy

Horology Curious
6/7/08
Hi, i have the black dial. The quality of AR is incredible. I think about the same as the grey dial.

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
I have the black dial version and was disappointed with the AR quality. But I assume it's the same as the grey version (can't think of any reason why it should be different). Be careful because on some of the Chopies you can't apply double AR, as the crystal is not of the standard kind. I am not sure whether this is true for this particular model though. I sent it to K2222 anyway, and am waiting to hear if it can be done.

chillininla

Known Member
27/8/07
Yeah, been hearing a lot of conflicting stories about this watch. Some people say the AR's "GREAT" while many others say it sucks, and the crystal just has a blue tint to it and true double AR.
Say the gen, and it has very strong double AR.

Plus it's supposed to be a sandwich dial which cant get after market AR either.
But can't wait to see what K2222 says. If he can do it, I'd get one in a heart beat.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
It really depends on which version you are getting. Eleley has done extensive research on this model.

From the piece that I have seen, AR is good enough and you don't really need to recoat it. Just have a look at the cyclop. It's very nice too, it's like integrated to the crystal.