• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cheap Gen Waterproof Sub Style Watch For Holiday?

erekose

Renowned Member
Supporter
13/2/12
Tokyo
Orient Ray would do nicely, and of course I echo the comments on the Seiko 007 if you are OK with a bit more SEIKO look.
I have a made in Japan Orient Blue Mako that I love.

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
Sorry azurax. Not meant at you at all. It was a good suggestion though. And it definitely would be a watch you can swim with. But out of his price range.

teoulennon

Renowned Member
17/5/11
I don't own a Casio so I'm not speaking from experience but at $40 you'll prob get what you pay for and be disappointed..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ghosty999

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/14
I don't own a Casio so I'm not speaking from experience but at $40 you'll prob get what you pay for and be disappointed..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or pleasantly surprised! haha I'll check the warranty

Retina

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
18/12/14
g-shocks. hard as a rock. ******* indestructable.

wankerdude

Renowned Member
18/8/13
Or pleasantly surprised! haha I'll check the warranty
I have owned the Casio I posted and it was a great watch and super tough. The strap sucked on it but other than that no complaints at all. The Scurfa's are really nice and the owner of the company is top notch. But the Casio is way cheaper. Good luck

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
I'd go for the Casio or the Seiko SKX007

Resistor

9/11/14
Another [emoji107] for Steinhart. I had a Pepsi GMT Ocean 1 and it failed to impress on all counts. The gmt hand was out of alignment with the hour, bezel was misaligned and was tough to turn, the bracelet safety lock was loose and flopped, and it its 2893 ran -12/day. Their customer service was also pretty weak. Ended up trading it away and it's one of the watches I don't miss at all. Armida looks promising for a Sub homage.

mattb2507

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/6/13
Any diver by seiko personally SKX007 is my favourite. Classic vintage looks and solid.

mattb2507

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/6/13
Also SKX009 pepsi bezel they are very affordable and bullet proof.

grb722

Horology Curious
18/1/15
+1 for the Casio.
Love mine. Screw-down caseback and crown. I've taken it to the beach and the pool and had no problems.
Two problems with the watch.
1) Stock band isn't too good but with 22mm lugs I just throw it on a NATO.
2) Lume is a joke. After all day in the sun lucky if I get more then 30 minutes out of it.
For $40 it's a great affordable watch and if you scratch it up on vacation..... it was only $40.
Search over at whatuseek. It's a forum favorite in the affordables.