• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Changing Overseas Strap

tats

Renowned Member
8/5/12
Hey all - maybe I'm a dummy, but I just cant seem to remove the rubber strap on my overseas.

I've removed the lug screws but am stumped after, nothing seems to work. I found this thread on a gen but still am stumped.

Any suggestions?

Here is what I'm talking about

Strap%20Change%20020.JPG

Strap%20Change%20027.JPG

tats

Renowned Member
8/5/12
turnsout I'm just a baby and had to push REALLY hard to get the pin out between the lugs :facepalm:

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Are you unable to push the pin out?

Maybe a small bit of penetrating lube to loosen it?

***posted after you got it out***

Definitely a bit of lube for next time...

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
I'd be interested to know what you're replacing the rubber strap with. I'm not quite enamored of mine.

tats

Renowned Member
8/5/12
Are you unable to push the pin out?

Maybe a small bit of penetrating lube to loosen it?

***posted after you got it out***

Definitely a bit of lube for next time...

Yep couldn't get the pin out, and it turns out my leather strap doesn't fit, the lug holes aren't lining up :(

tats

Renowned Member
8/5/12
I'd be interested to know what you're replacing the rubber strap with. I'm not quite enamored of mine.

I picked up a leather strap of a M2M that was on what seemed to be the same model overseas. But I sent the strap along with my watch to Prof for some AR and to see if he could get the strap to fit and he wasn't able to either.

I think I'm going to look into getting a leather strap made using the rubber as a guide...

The AR however looks AWESOME

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Yep couldn't get the pin out, and it turns out my leather strap doesn't fit, the lug holes aren't lining up :(

I had the same problem with my Deepsea...ended up tearing thru the leather trying to force it...ended up trashing it and put the bracelet back on...saved the clasp tho...I was bummed as I think the leather looks sweet.

Mikey101

5/5/17
Is this the jjf version of the overseas, I tried doing the same thing and the screws on the lug came out easy(two tiny ones on each side) but they must be for decoration as the strap is firmly in place.

Sent from my iPad using RWI

Dj3381

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/8/10
EU
Hi there guys

I am buying a gen VC leather strap for my JJF Overseas 47040. Any views as to whether it will fit?

Thanks

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Hi there guys

I am buying a gen VC leather strap for my JJF Overseas 47040. Any views as to whether it will fit?

Thanks

Yes it should fit. i have some photos around showing the rubber misurements

Dj3381

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/8/10
EU
Yes it should fit. i have some photos around showing the rubber misurements

Thanks mate. I have already paid for it (EUR 350 at AD) and I am picking it up in a week. I will post photos. Hopefully, it will fit well!

Dj3381

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/8/10
EU
Yes, I bought it in black. I am having fitted soon (together with a 2xAR prof crystal)! Will post pics.

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
Hello... it’s an old threat but I am wondering whether there’s photos of the gen strap. Considering adding an Overseas JJF to my collection.