• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Chanel J12 Bracelet Issues

• Thread starter d4m.test
  • Start date
D

d4m.test

Ok...so for all the guys out there that bought the $200 J12 for their ladies...I got a question...

1. The bracelet on each side has 1 regular link, a longer link, and then the link that is attached to the
deployment clasp

2. The regular link is no problem to take out...it was clearly shown by Deven in his review.
3. However, my girl has tiny wrists and even with 1 link taken out on each side...the bracelet way too big
4. So i decided to take the longer link out on each side and swap it with the shorter regular link
5. The longer link's pin is not the same as I came to realize...its a straight long pin jammed into the the receiving
cap
6. In attempts to take this pin out I completely cracked the end link attached to the clasp...
7. The pin that was pulled out was all warped and stuff
8. Getting another bracelet isn't a problem, but once received, does anyone have a good way of taking out the pin in the longer link?

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
man....you lost me at number5.... :lol:

anyway...i had no problem taking out links tho....

so you mean...you took out all the possible links to take out and it's still too big for your gf?

man...she must have a baby wrist!

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
No problem resizing on mine. I have to take out only 1 link though...

D

d4m.test

jiro2085 said:
man....you lost me at number5.... :lol:

anyway...i had no problem taking out links tho....

so you mean...you took out all the possible links to take out and it's still too big for your gf?

man...she must have a baby wrist!

I took out both regular links (1 on each side)...that left 1 longer link on each side...in taking out this longer link
is where the problem was...the pin in the longer link is different than the pin in the others....

why can't she have fat wrists?

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
and why is that difficult to remove? is the pin shaped different?
I will take a look at it when I see my g/f after work today and let you know but so far....i have no idea what your exact problem is....stupid me :wink:

D

d4m.test

yeah...that pin is shaped differently...its the pin that is on the very last link connected to the clasp...from the surface it looks like the other pins...but its different...its a straight pin jammed in...i don't know if it was ever meant to be taken out...hence when i took it out i cracked the last link...

gregers

Looking Around
8/12/06
What did you think of the quality of the ceramic finish on the J12.? I would quite like to get one but I have no idea whether the finish is as classy as on the gen.

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
i just got one and it is awesome looking finish imho, i have to resize mine soon will letu know what i come up with ok

joe

Devedander

20/10/06
The thing that confuses me is I am pretty sure mine had at least 2 links on each side to remove... so I can't see why you have to remove that last one...

I think the one that is shorter that you are referring to is sort of the half link and isn't really a removeable link... it's more like part of the clasp and I don't think it's supposed to be removed...

Rob1

Horology Curious
16/12/06
I'm having the same problem. I've removed all of the 'regular' links which can be removed, but the bracelet is still too large for my girlfriend's wrist. I've tried to remove one of the slightly longer links, but have broken to link removal tools in trying (and failing) to do so. I've come to the conclusion that the slightly longer link is not designed to be removed, which is a real pain as my GF's wrist doesn't seem to be unusually small :cry:

palhaco02

Looking Around
10/1/07
I was wondering...

My wife's birthday is coming up and since the watches hobby started, she has been hinting about a J12 chanel.
I'd like to get one for her but she's got a 6 inches wrist. Can the bracelet of the 200$ version be reduced to fit this size?
Thanks!

kinneyrhs

11/2/07
Has anyone figured out a solution to this problem?

Just got my gf's today and am having the EXACT same issue dh is having. The bracelet needs to be smaller, but I cannot get that last link out

NOTE: Also, is anyone elses bezel kind of loose, in comparison with a sub or PO. The bezel seems to have a little give in it and didn't know if this was the same on the gen or not.

cubancurls

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/12/06
don't laugh but I took mine to Sears watch repair they took out the necessary links with no problems, even on each side, not a scratch.