• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
The CF is more like the MK3 and the VRF is more like the MK1.
A lot would depend on how they look in RL and how they feel in the hand and on the wrist.

Clean insert is nowhere near Mk3.
Did you not see the post from sfbatman787 stating the Clean Pepsi makes his Mk3 look like an Mk1??!!

Here is a picture of the clean pepsi next to my gen. My gen has the mk3 insert, which is much darker blue than mk1 and mk2, but the clean pepsi insert color is so off that it makes my mk3 look like an mk1.

The red is brownish and not as rich as gen.

If the Clean Pepsi makes a Gen Mk3 look like an Mk1... imagine how terrible the Clean Pepsi would look next to a Gen Mk1. Completely fucked up!

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Ha I literally don't care just highlighting Duckbers hypocrisy. Hey duckber show us a picture of your vsf and your zf dial that you're going to install. Whether the clean is any good or not won't change one thing in my world. If I get it and don't like it I will sell it. It's the pathetic imaginary competition that duckber thinks he's in that's amusing. I'm sure in real life he's much less abrasive, he'd have to be.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

What? Lol what's hypocritical? I didn't even have to mention my ZF dial, I could have just said the VSF hulk dial is still better than the CF insert. I don't understand why you think this is a competition. You're the one making these imaginary competitions, like when you got butthurt over the ZF and started talking about bikini waxes in new Zealand with no covid. Stop projecting.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
What? Lol what's hypocritical? I didn't even have to mention my ZF dial, I could have just said the VSF hulk dial is still better than the CF insert. I don't understand why you think this is a competition. You're the one making these imaginary competitions, like when you got butthurt over the ZF and started talking about bikini waxes in new Zealand with no covid. Stop projecting.
Ha I'm off to pick up a Tudor Pelagos lhd tomorrow. Want to help me qc it?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Yes, and the LN.

So stick a CF LN insert on one and you got a nice fantasy 6 digit, woohoo!

So my verdict of the CF 116710 Batman is the best option still valid.
But I'd prefer to chuck in an old version of VR3185 instead though.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Here is Noob insert (Insert only) next to the gen MK1 (watch)

I dont have the gen with mk1 insert anymore but looking at the colors, I'd say noob is pretty similar to clean, maybe exactly the same but better engraved...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Honestly though, ask literally anyone who’s not into watches and he’ll point your rep as the gen one.
The purple hue on the gen insert looks like crap. Kind of remind me BP attempt to make a bluesy dial which turned out to be light purple. Rep colors are much more beautiful to my eyes lol

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Honestly though, ask literally anyone who’s not into watches and he’ll point your rep as the gen one.
The purple hue on the gen insert looks like crap. Kind of remind me BP attempt to make a bluesy dial which turned out to be light purple. Rep colors are much more beautiful to my eyes lol
And I'd agree with you. Rep blues are actually blues and red actual reds, but one thing I noticed is that clean inserts actually have a dip where the two color meet. So where other inserts had a bump, clean inserts have a little dip.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
And I'd agree with you. Rep blues are actually blues and red actual reds, but one thing I noticed is that clean inserts actually have a dip where the two color meet. So where other inserts had a bump, clean inserts have a little dip.

Do you prefer the cf rep colors particularly the red over your gen?

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
Gosh, if some are not happy with certain factories' quality, just don't buy it. There's no need to use such critical language based on your own opinion or assessment. I have both the gen Hulk and Batgirl (and a rep Hulk and Daytona for comparison), and honestly, for the price you're getting the rep for, the gen definitely doesn't feel 20x better. I even changed out my gen straps and replaced them with rep straps, difference in feel is not even that noticeable. Just enjoy the reps as they are, be it with faults and all that. Nobody is really going to nitpick on your watches, unless you go around telling everyone they are gens.

good friend,
this is precisely the crux of the matter.

it is a question that I have already posted several times ..

buy a rep for passed off as gen or to wear it with personal satisfaction.?

dont watch me

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/5/21
UK
Hi guys this is my first ever post. Good luck to me. Lol.
Basically Ive ordered a clean factory pepsi from j time and now I'm in two minds on wether to change for a VRF max. Not sure what to go for as these latest posts have kind of put me off the CF. Are the lugs on the vrf the same chunky ones as the CF? Can anyone compare the two different watches or post some pics please?
Thanks.

With all the information posted I've definitely made my mind up now. I was really really looking forward to the clean factory pepsi my heart was set on it but with the disappearance of a bezel lip, fat lugs, and wrong case it's fully put me off. Not to mention the weird bezel colour. The dodgy colour transition on the bezel of the VRF max I can live with but the flaws in the CF is just too much of a pill to swallow. So I'm defo giving the CF model a miss. Now I'm left with one question VRF max or ROF? What do u think guys?

Reactions: Duckber

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
With all the information posted I've definitely made my mind up now. I was really really looking forward to the clean factory pepsi my heart was set on it but with the disappearance of a bezel lip, fat lugs, and wrong case it's fully put me off. Not to mention the weird bezel colour. The dodgy colour transition on the bezel of the VRF max I can live with but the flaws in the CF is just too much of a pill to swallow. So I'm defo giving the CF model a miss. Now I'm left with one question VRF max or ROF? What do u think guys?

Don't lose sight of the fact that the original is a bit of a bloated, blingy, and controversially colored mess as well.

It's desirable because it's unobtainable. Get something better looking instead.

Last edited:

Navigator H4

16/5/20
With clean, the dial, hands and bracelet are better.
ROF has a noob bracelet and the dial is wrong, I have never seen it on a gen.

dont watch me

25/5/21
UK
Don't lose sight of the fact that the original is a bit of a bloated, blingy, and controversially colored mess as well.

It's desirable because it's unobtainable. Get something better looking instead.

Tbh I love everything about the gen. It's one of my favourite watches. Even the crappy colour's that everyone complains about I love too. Lol. Ever since I seen a pepsi on a jubilee I fell in love with it. The bezel lip really sets it off for me and the slimmer lugs compared to the older models on oyster. Ive been wanting a pepsi jubilee rep for a while now just want the right one.