• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Indoor

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

A little better inside lol, thanks for the photos. The minute hand on your gen doesn’t look too much longer either but could just be because it’s between minute markers. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
I have always been thinking the CF 116710BLNR would be the best bet. But now with the fat lugs issue, wonder if it is correct for the 116710?
KJ2020 any idea on this?

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
b76dfd2b08a72fb786ab779fd87a2c2f.jpg

125e6aba07f4e926b2c4393b2bec36fe.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
So outdoors in natural light it looks pretty off. Whoever owns the gen and the rep…. Is there any angle in natural light that the colours look similar or is it done and dusted lol. More angles and in different light would be helpful to understand the range we are dealing with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are some other comparison pics posted earlier in the thread and some closeups extracted from them.

jzcR0X.jpg

jzwN28.jpg

jzw7fR.jpg

I take a HUGE amount of watch pics and am frequently surprised at how different colors on a watch dial or bezel can look in a pic versus how my eyes perceive those colors.

Plus people perceive colors differently, and cameras are all different. So especially with Rolex ceramics, what you see in pics is not always what you get. Real Rolex ceramic reacts very differently to light than rep ceramic does.

Gen Pepsi
jzg3BY.jpg

Last edited:

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
Yeah camera and lighting make a big difference however different in shade it might be from the genuine versions. The gen crystal has made a good improvement in both black hole and overall clarity making the dial pop a bit more too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Thats my first tought loool
Slight gaps on gen while on rep perfectly tight
I am using gmf bracelet on the gen. Keeping the gen in pristine condition. I did put clean jubilee bracelet on my Gen blro and it fits much better!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bobi01

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
I have always been thinking the CF 116710BLNR would be the best bet. But now with the fat lugs issue, wonder if it is correct for the 116710?
KJ2020 any idea on this?

I think CF is going to use the same source for cases (per batch) on all 5 of their models. So any slight fatness in lugs for the 126 models would be a plus for the CF 116710 BLNR.

From all the QC and gen pics we've seen, I think the lugs should not be a perceivable flaw for most of us, whichever CF model is chosen.

Reactions: RiffRalf

dont watch me

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/5/21
UK
Hi guys this is my first ever post. Good luck to me. Lol.
Basically Ive ordered a clean factory pepsi from j time and now I'm in two minds on wether to change for a VRF max. Not sure what to go for as these latest posts have kind of put me off the CF. Are the lugs on the vrf the same chunky ones as the CF? Can anyone compare the two different watches or post some pics please?
Thanks.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
While some see this as a bad thing, I say for $500 or so you have an amazing looking watch! For the record, call me crazy but I happen to like the coloring of the rep better than the gen in this pic.

I feel the same way about my ROF insert colors. Both the red and blue are brighter. Gen is gen of course and that insert can't ever be replaced by a $20 rep insert (REAL value). But that doesn't mean you can't be completely happy with how your rep looks to you.

I would not have settled on either of the gen insert colors if I was in charge of the final QC decision at Rolex. I really don't prefer any of the gen versions MK 1, 2, or 3. Obviously Rolex didn't either or they wouldn't have kept changing them.

j3DhlX.jpg

We each must define for ourselves what perfection is on a given rep before we can gratefully stop chasing it.

16267997566870.jpg

Last edited: