• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ceramic PO Asian clone ETA available yet?

juniorkm7

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/3/13
Will the asian clone movement look more similar to the gen? I mean that now the winding rotor looks like gen with its' surface, but whole movement is plain. Any info? Worth to wait or buy this watch now with ETA?

danq85

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
31/10/12
Will the asian clone movement look more similar to the gen? I mean that now the winding rotor looks like gen with its' surface, but whole movement is plain. Any info? Worth to wait or buy this watch now with ETA?

No, it will be a clone of the Swiss version of the movement that is in the CrPO now, so it should look basically the same - which will not look like genuine movement.

juniorkm7

23/3/13
So who can we send the info about expectations, what to change etc? It must be a way how RWI community inform manufacturer about flaws and what to improve.

My postulate is to make the whole movement's surface same as winding rotor's. It don't have to be constructed like gen co-axial, but the surface now makes the effect very poor when you look into the back window.

danq85

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
31/10/12
So who can we send the info about expectations, what to change etc? It must be a way how RWI community inform manufacturer about flaws and what to improve.

My postulate is to make the whole movement's surface same as winding rotor's. It don't have to be constructed like gen co-axial, but the surface now makes the effect very poor when you look into the back window.

Yes, that is the major flaw about this rep. Anyone that knows the movement will be able to tell immediately. I wouldn't expect the manufacturer to do anything about it, a dressed rotor is as much as we will probably get with this rep. Luckily, you cannot see the back of the watch when you are wearing it ;)

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
I can't help but chuckle when people start pulling apart the movement on what is otherwise a great rep out-of-the-box. A few points:

1. How is someone going to call you out when it's strapped to your wrist? Don't take it off!
2. The average non-WIS couldn't tell an 8500 from a decorated Swiss ETA so don't sweat on it ;-)
3. I'd much rather they did a great job of the dial and case (which IMO they have, pearl aside) than fret over minor details on the display back/movement

The biggest fault with this rep is that it's shown me just how good a watch the gen is and I want one now - bad!! I'm even thinking of trading in my Speedy Pro towards it mmm...

7ybapuzy.jpg

danq85

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
31/10/12
I can't help but chuckle when people start pulling apart the movement on what is otherwise a great rep out-of-the-box. A few points:

1. How is someone going to call you out when it's strapped to your wrist? Don't take it off!
2. The average non-WIS couldn't tell an 8500 from a decorated Swiss ETA so don't sweat on it ;-)
3. I'd much rather they did a great job of the dial and case (which IMO they have, pearl aside) than fret over minor details on the display back/movement

Totally agree 100%.