• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ceramic Planet Ocean - What's Going On with This Rep

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
In addition to the information re. gen PO specs vs. rep, I had the opportunity of wearing a new PO and playing with it for a bit...these were my observations about the new upgrades:

Case:
-Mild new shape, much thicker and new curves
-Clear caseback

Dial:
-New texture, raised 12, 6 and 9 (loose applied as oppose to printed on). These are now metal, with a very fine brushed texture
-Date wheel is black, date font if now grey/silver (not white), slightly raised font (doesn't look printed anymore)

Hands:
-Completely new shape to all three hands

Bezel:
-Both the 45.5 and 42 have the same edge profile around the bezels, similar to the old 42mm
-Pearl hasn't changed much. It looks like it sits more proud than the previous model
-Inserts come in different materials and colours. We all know about this...

Crown + HE valve
-These are complete new. New shape, polished around the perimeter and a nice fine texture on the ends with Omega logo. Looks much more expensive

Bracelet + clasp
-Bracelets links are a completely new shape. A bolder oval shape, thicker and now using screws. Removable links now have 2 individual screws. One on each side.
-Dive extension + clasp totally redesigned. Clasp now looks more traditional (similar shape to Speedmaster) and the dive extension is equipped with two ball bearings. The ball bearing help hold the extension in place when closed. This will hopefully eliminate the issue with them popping open so easily

I wish I had photos, but I couldn't take any. I've attached some Googled images below...

po1yg.jpg

po2qm.jpg

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Thanks for the input guys.
I'm sure better reps will.come. :)

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Om3ga_guy you are just teasing us!!!

I hope this one wont become a mission impossible, its really a must have watch!!! I may sell all my reps and get the gen!!!!!!!:whistle:

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
it's a $90 v1 or whatever PO with sapphire bezel and dial. Not worth $230 IMO

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
If anywho wants to buy one of these early versions, you should not feel like you need to defend yourself.

We are just discussing the rep/Gen differences.

I enjoy wearing non modded reps as much as Franken ones. :thumbsup:

vexorg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/5/11
I really like the look of these watches. Maybe we'll see what happens after CNY...

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
It won't be mission impossible, it's just going to need to go through a few more "versions" just like the PO's before it.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
poy51zfqm81pzgk.jpg

..... or finally get these repped!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Nice try but again many things to fix...

I am pessimistic that this will ever happen 100%, i mean closed caseback? There don't have many chances to replicate movement...