• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ceramic Planet Ocean - What's Going On with This Rep

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
The Good, Bad and the Ugly. Post links and dealer pics of the reps you have seen.
We will keep a running tally of all of the ones available at our TD's in this thread.
I need your help!

First up.....

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/...t-ocean-89288?t=89288&highlight=omega+ceramic
bluepo.jpg

Next ...... ( hint ;) )

shirazi_r

Renowned Member
12/10/10
That's not a PO, it's a POS (piece of... you know)!

I'll list everything wrong with it just for fun:

Hands
Bezel Insert
Bezel Teeth
Caseback
Crown
He Valve
Endlinks
Case Material (Should be Ti)
Clasp

So in summation, everything is wrong :lol:

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Okay, now you need to share one wise guy. ;)
Let's get this thread going.

jeffw69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/10/11
I have the above mentioned watch from Stan at WBK Time.
I will post up some pics later.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I have the above mentioned watch from Stan at WBK Time.
I will post up some pics later.

Let's post links to the dealers sale of Ceramic PO's in this thread. You should start a new thread to share what you have. I look forward to seeing your pics.

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
Here's TimeShops:

om9010c-omega-planet-ocean-blue-dial-ceramic-bezel-ss-ss-45mm-asian-21j.jpg

om9010c-omega-planet-ocean-blue-dial-ceramic-bezel-ss-ss-45mm-asian-21j.jpg

Is this even close to being gen-accurate? The blue is really growing on me but I'm not going to order one if it's got a bunch of obvious tells.

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10
I went for one...

We wear replica watches, so almost exact or not, they're still reps, which means - on some level at least - we must be drawn to certain watches aesthetically, right....? I like the super reps as much as the next bloke, but why wank on about flaws to the extent that would keep a beauty like this outta the box? It's a nice looking watch, it's cheap as and it's a new model... Better versions will come, and I will be entertained for the next 5 years while I watch people complain that the latest 496th version PO still isn't perfect... Lol

So, it's not a great rep... Big deal! It's still a good looking watch, and it's cheap as hell.

There be sum tight-arse mo-fo's around hee-ya! God love 'em! :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PhotoGuy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/10/11
For reference:
http://timeshops.net/11252-om9010c-omega-planet-ocean-blue-dial-ceramic-bezel-ss-ss-45mm-asian-21j.html

Here is my short list of problems:
pearl is wrong (looks like Submariner pearl) :facepalm:
datewheel is 'inverted' (should be white font on black background)
tip of second hands is missing orange color
happy feet (seriously?!? :frusty:)
he valve seems low (but I'm never a good judge of that position)
lume on hour hand should be blue, but it's a blue-green
lume on hour hand and minute hands are off (minute hand lume should be longer and thinner; hour hand lume should be one solid lume)
21j :lolcina:
solid caseback, should be transparent/display back
missing all base of case markings
can't tell if diver's extension is on clasp
the blue seems too bright, needs to be muted/more matte
6 and 9 should be closed, not open
inner gray 'circle' on bezel is too thin and should be 'broken' near pearl
bezel teeth look like Rolex teeth not PO
mineral crystal should be sapphire

I probably missed a lot. I'm debating if the dial numbers are too shiny.

small note: it might be almost worth taking the pearl of this cPO and placing it on a (modern ceramic) Submariner... too bad it's the wrong color lume

For me, it's a 150% pass for the price.

chrvolt

22/4/10
Greece
My feet are happy

Two quick ones

YGC58.jpg

RbRWd.jpg

It came from Timeshops (thank you Lois and Mark, for once more)

I like it a lot,

and as our late friend Robert used to say:

"I don't care if it's close to genuine or not"

PhotoGuy

26/10/11
most sensible thing you wrote :p lol

I was going to write a long retort, but I have only one word:

Touché!

Unrelated note (sort of)... I went to my local Omega AD today and fondled 42, old 45s, and new 45s. Wow. Burn my last post. :frusty: :lolcina:

shandroid

13/9/10
I was going to write a long retort, but I have only one word:

Touché!

Unrelated note (sort of)... I went to my local Omega AD today and fondled 42, old 45s, and new 45s. Wow. Burn my last post. :frusty: :lolcina:

Ha!

So, burn your last post...?

Omega has never really impressed me all that much, but they're sneaking up on me.... The new 45 PO is sensational!!! Regardless, as I keep saying - a bad rep or not, I like the look of the watch ode to this thread...

PhotoGuy

26/10/11
So, burn your last post...?

Omega has never really impressed me all that much, but they're sneaking up on me.... The new 45 PO is sensational!!! Regardless, as I keep saying - a bad rep or not, I like the look of the watch ode to this thread...

Fate had me in the neighborhood of my Omega boutique today so I said "<<bleep>> it. Let me go window shopping." The weight. The details. The lume. Everything. The 42 and 45, side by site, and the 42 looks like a junior's watch.... at 42mm!! The bezel turns smooth and is 'strong' to turn. You can't (easily) accidentally increment each click. ...the list goes on.

I'll be watching this thread in hopes to see what comes out of the factories.

shandroid

13/9/10
Fate had me in the neighborhood of my Omega boutique today so I said "<<bleep>> it. Let me go window shopping." The weight. The details. The lume. Everything. The 42 and 45, side by site, and the 42 looks like a junior's watch.... at 42mm!! The bezel turns smooth and is 'strong' to turn. You can't (easily) accidentally increment each click. ...the list goes on.

I'll be watching this thread in hopes to see what comes out of the factories.

So, you were impressed?

PhotoGuy

26/10/11
So, you were impressed?

I didn't know what to expect of the feel and finish. I'm seriously considering buying a Gen45. The main reason I did go was to see the odd 7 beats per second movement. The odd thing that keeps going through my mind is that reps have a smoother second hand than gens.

The sales lady liked my PAM111M (Noob). :facepalm: I think the PAM was the only reason she took me moderately serious in the purchase desire.

shandroid

13/9/10
I didn't know what to expect of the feel and finish. I'm seriously considering buying a Gen45. The main reason I did go was to see the odd 7 beats per second movement. The odd thing that keeps going through my mind is that reps have a smoother second hand than gens.

The sales lady liked my PAM111M (Noob). :facepalm: I think the PAM was the only reason she took me moderately serious in the purchase desire.

Eeeek!!!! Uh- oh! You broke the cardinal sin bro - someone is gonna go 'chuck norris' on yo' ass!!!

The sweep being smooth serves no real purpose outside looking cool, on a non-chrono watch.... Just means one more flaw for the rep!

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Cant understand why we have to backward with these before we go forwards. The setup for a half decent rep of the new PO's is already there, and yet we now have to go through V1 to V? to get a combination of issues corrected that allow the new PO to look passable again. We spent along time having to conquer the happy feet on the old PO rep, but that has/had been sorted, also the pearl went through several iterations until we got something at least flush to the bezel with V5 of the old PO. With other reps the O_M_E_G_A logo took years to be corrected to a centre strikethrough on the old aqua terra, at least they seem to have attempted that with these.

Even the quality of movement decoration with other reps looks promising when we consider these new PO have displaybacks, look at the rotor decor or these constellation:
http://puretimewatch.com/product/constellation-chronometer-38mm-black-sw200/
compared to a gen 85XX displayback
It's not quite there but at least it is a promising attempt in the right direction.

Sometimes I think the factories are having us on, and the dealer are happy to play their part in it. If the initial attempt on the first page was just a 21j hash up I would say fair enough but some dealers are now offering the same rubbish @ $250+ with an ETA clone movement in there. Are they being bloody serious? I can understand that these are very new from the gen perspective but why put out any old rubbish rep when we would be better served waiting 6 months or a year to get something half decent produced.