• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Celebs & Panerai

vbarrett

24/6/07
We've all seen dozens of photos of the famous faces of the day wearing our beloved Panerai marque on their wrists, but have you seen these?

(Note, a lot of these scans come from a German gen watch forum, so don't worry if you don't recognise the names! Like I know who Tony Romo is...oh, wait, I do!)

...guess the model!

SYLVESTER STALLONE

pictureSLY2.jpg

ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER

governor18ek.jpg

THOMAS GOTTSCHALK

Gottschalk1.jpg

BILL CLINTON (what IS he wearing on the other wrist?? Is that a Navajo bracelet??)

clinton0gy.jpg

ROBIN WILLIAMS

robwil6el.jpg

BORIS BECKER

beckerlein0vt.jpg

FLAVIO BRIATORE

orig3ir.jpg

MICHAEL BALLACK

picture4mq.jpg

PHIL COLLINS (!)

picture39aw.jpg

DMX

12dmx.jpg

BRAD PITT

brad30ak.jpg

RALF MÖLLER (pretty much sure he's wearing a PAM 113)

ralf_moeller_info_60.jpg

PIERCE BROSNAN (in After the Sunset)

vdk6sy.jpg

vy0dhf.jpg

WOLFGANG PUCK

puck.jpg

JEROME BETTIS (!) and FRIEND

217231567_0639ea2fc4_o.jpg

ONE MORE OF "THE BUS" (Blinggggg)

227711704_12d86f1520_o.jpg

THE ROCK, DARYL JOHNSON

2yn1fo3.jpg

LANCE ARMSTRONG (!!) and uh is that Tony Romo, the Dallas Cowboys QB?

DSC00024.jpg

MARCO ANDRETTI

marcosub.jpg

BRUCE WILLIS

2nh4a34.jpg

UMBERTO ECO (!!!)

umbertoecolp0.jpg

ORLANDO BLOOM wearing his Cali 249

orllandonx6.jpg

From: hxxp://www.watchlounge.com/wbb2/wl/thre ... threadid=4 (change xx to tt)

EXTRA

THE FUTURE KING OF SPAIN, CROWN PRINCE FELIPE

Leonor7.jpg

islands52

Horology Curious
20/7/07
great post!

7th one down is Flavio Briatore, he is team principle for the Renault F1 team.

vbarrett

24/6/07
islands52 said:
great post!

Thanks for the kind word! I corrected it, thanks to you too. :)

Any faves? What do you think of Jerome Bettis AND Umberto Eco wearing the same marque?? :lol:

Khurram

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/9/07
Which model are Brad Pitt and Brosnan wearing?
Are they the same? Looks like a 048/050 perhaps?

tutima

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/06
Hey, Victoria...

Thanks for the effort....This would have taken a lot of time accumulating and putting together....

vbarrett

24/6/07
Khurram said:
Which model are Brad Pitt and Brosnan wearing?
Are they the same? Looks like a 048/050 perhaps?

Can't tell from the angle on Pitt, but it is know that Brosnan wore the (discontinued) PAM 91 in After the Sunset. :)

vbarrett

24/6/07
tutima said:
Hey, Victoria...

Thanks for the effort....This would have taken a lot of time accumulating and putting together....

Thanks Tutima! In reality, it just took composing the post time.

The gathering had been very kindly done for me already. Well, I looked for a looooong time for a nice shot of the Prince of Asturias' PAM, but that's all. :)

thehorse

Renowned Member
25/4/06
Asia
Wow! Thanks for this.

I didn't know that Bruce Willis is a left hander (wearing his watch on the right)

turbogt

14/2/07
vbarrett said:
islands52 said:
great post!

Thanks for the kind word! I corrected it, thanks to you too. :)

Any faves? What do you think of Jerome Bettis AND Umberto Eco wearing the same marque?? :lol:

Each one has their own definition of time regardless of the machina that provides the aproximate pause to life. To each their own. Outstanding Eco and I don't even know who the other guy is (my best guess is football player...)

Cheers V.

I forgot to mention that Orlando also wears a Fiddy in "Elizabethtown"

Matt Watch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/07
Thanks, love that post - the footballer is not Tony Romo, i dont know who it is. Nice to see these celebs wearing Pam stylings that our group of RWI celebs is wearing here.

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
EXCELLENT POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vbarrett

24/6/07
thehorse said:
Wow! Thanks for this.

I didn't know that Bruce Willis is a left hander (wearing his watch on the right)

Hey, good eye there! :)

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I don't care so much about celebrities, except in relation to their watches. Then I could look at photos for hours!

I guess like many of us, we're curious to know about personal taste in watches, because it says a lot about them.

Followup post coming. :)

vbarrett

24/6/07
Matt Watch said:
Thanks, love that post - the footballer is not Tony Romo, i dont know who it is.

Thought it might not be. Whoever it is, they both love Texas Longhorns! :)

Here is a followup post, with general celeb watch sightings. VERY LONG. MODEM BURNER!

* California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger wears an Audemars Piguet watch - the model is called Royal Oak Offshore. He is a watch collector but at the same time he has consulted on several limited editions for Audemars Piguet. Among his favorites there are IWC Big Pilot, Rolex and Panerai watches.

* Jay-Z loves Audemar Piguet Royal Oak Offshore. He is also a big fan of AP Grande Complication.

* Silvio Berlusconi, former Prime Minister of Italy wears an extremely expensive timepiece from the world's oldest watchmaker Vacheron Constantin. The price of the watch is $540,000.

* Bill Clinton is a huge fan of Roger Dubuis watches. Onthe cover of Time Magazine he was wearing a Roger Dubuis Much More watch.

* Leonardo DiCaprio was seen wearing a Jaeger LeCoultre Master Minute Repeater for $175,000.

* Russia's president Vladimir Putin has a $60,000 Patek Philippe Perpetual Calendar. This is a really expensive timepiece if compared to George W. Bush's Timex for $50. However, the US president has a personal inscription on his Timex.

* Yuri Luzhkov, the mayor of Moscow wears a Patek Philippe Calatrava, the price of which is $18,000.

* Roman Abramovich, the owner of the English club Chelsea, has a wide range of Rolex watches. Among his favorites there is a $29,000 Rolex Daytona and a $19,000 gold Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date Submariner.

* Britney Spears wears Roger Dubuis watch. However, among her favorites there are also Chopard Montres Dame and Breitling watches.

(EDIT Vbarrett: LOL! I had no idea she was considered "virus spam" on RWI. Ah well)

* Victoria Beckham (aka Posh Spice) was seen wearing on her wrist an iced-out Piaget watch.

* Harrison Ford - Breitling Aerospace
* Orlando Bloom - IWC Big Pilot
* Ben Affleck - Harry Winston
* Mark Anthony - Roger Dubuis
* Anthony Keidis - Anonimo watch
* Usher - Audemars Piguet Royal Oak
* Larry King - Ulysse Nardin GMT
* Jennifer Anniston - vintage Cartier watch
* Jessica Simpson - vintage Rolex
* Simon Cowell - Chopard Mille Miglia
* Tom Cruise - Audemar Piguet chronograph
* Halle Berry - Franck Muller Casablanca 2852

In case you are not bored yet check out interesting statistics regarding the watch industry:

* The yearly sales of Swiss watches are estimated at $8 billion.
* More than 2 million watches, having the price higher than $5,000 are sold each year.
* More than 30 million watches with a price higher than $1,000 are sold each your.
* Watches with a price tag over $250.00 are sold each year in a number of 75 million pieces.

From: hxxp://www.tiptop-watches.com/watches-a ... tches.html

More:

Prince Ernst-August of Hannover (husband of Princess Caroline of Monaco): Fortis B-42 Marinemaster Chronograph
Jerry Seinfeld: Breitling Aerospace (is an avid Breit collector, and "has every Breitling known to man")
Farrah Fawcett: YG Bvlgari Tobogas
Usher: Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore
Sharon Osbourne: White Chanel J-12
Jude Law: IWC Big Pilot
Gisele Bündchen: Cartier Tank Française (SS)

Some random snaps:

Elton John wearing a fartload of jewelry with skulls and a gold ladies Chopard...

eltonjohnchopardby4.jpg

Isaiah Washington of Grey's Anatomy wearing an unindentified Panerai

isaiahwashingtonwe8.jpg

Usher pulling a Maradona, with two Audemars Piguet

ushertwoapjf7.jpg

Jude Law, the most unbutch guy you can imagine..., wearing a big old 3717

judelaw3717eo8.jpg

Marky Mark Walhberg wearing an unindentified watch

markymarkrt9.jpg

The future King and Queen of Spain, on their mobiles (wonder if they're calling each other?) showing off his Special Forces watch again

letifelixc1.jpg

Nicolas Cage wearing his Sub (wonder what his chum to the right is wearing? Looks like a Roger Dubuis)

nickcagehh9.jpg

You know...I've seen many celeb fashion faux-pas, but this has got to take the cake. Sharon Stone on the red carpet, wearing a very nice gown (if she were 20) wearing a pilot watch ON NATO G10 ZULU whatever...strap.

sharonstonehp5.jpg

Wow.

AND

As mentioned above, the current US President wears that famous $50 Timex, which some thought had been stolen from him in his recent Albania trip (there was a thread here on RWG, during my first week as a newbie).

I've been searching for MONTHS for a good, clear shot of this Timex. Here it is:

bushwatchwf1.jpg

Not sure what I expected, perhaps something plasticky and clunkier, but this is okay.

Oh, and though all the "celeb watch" lists say that ex-PM Tony Blair always wore a $30 Swatch, like this:

tony-blair.jpg

I think that's incorrect these days.

In a February issue of Newsweek, which I read awaiting a doctor's appointment, he was portrayed very clearly wearing a GMT Pepsi Rolex...in his bare feet.

tonyrolexso4.jpg

I wonder if he only wore the Rollie privately...

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
Thomas Gottschalk..... he said he wears Panerai....when he visits the eastern eurpoean countries, cause its not so bad if you get robbed and just lose a $ 5000 watch....
he collects watches..... Lange, Patek, Breguet, etc.....

funny

Defacto

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/9/06
I could've sworn I saw Carlos Mencia wearing a 161 on Mind of Mencia tonight.

vbarrett

24/6/07
Defacto said:
I could've sworn I saw Carlos Mencia wearing a 161 on Mind of Mencia tonight.

I had to Google Images Carlos Mencia. Didn't know who he was!

And is it me, or does he look like a Mexican version of Rodney Dangerfield. :lol:

Matt Watch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/07
Wow V,

Your on fire! Thanks for all the information on the who's who wearing the who's who of watches. Had a ton's of fun looking at your post and again thank you for your time spent entertaining us tonight.

I often try to catch a celeb wrist shot on tv or film, you have filled the cup.

Matt

vbarrett

24/6/07
Matt Watch said:
I often try to catch a celeb wrist shot on tv or film, you have filled the cup.

My C-cup runneth over. ;)

Thanks, Matt! Hope to add to the thread in the coming years. So many watch sightings, that watching movies now is a torture for me...

Aji

Known Member
31/5/07
Thanks for that, its good to know we're in good company

wanmadtim

26/3/06
Great post vbarret! I see Simon Cowell is listed as wearing a Chopard Mille Miglia does anyone happen to know which version? Also for UK members, is this the watch he wears most weeks on XFactor? I notice it has a black rubber strap which he never keeps tucks into the strap loop it's always hanging loose.