• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Case/Box for storing your many reps?

bam rock

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/4/06
OK...so this isn't EXACTLY a replica discussion but it's not off topic either so I decided to post it here. Just wondering if anyone can advise me to some boxes or cases or whatever you would call them to store my many reps that I will be getting soon. What is the best way to store them? On something with felt in it? Also can anyone advise a type of cleaning cloth or something to buff out minor scratches? I'm really just interested in keeping them looking sharp. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks again if this isn't entirely on topic.
Bam

Repmaniac

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
15/3/06
There's lots of cases out there from 1 or 2 to a dozen or more. E-bay always has a lot for sale. I personally get my stuff from Acetimer (http://www.acetimer.com). Real nice cases for a good price, and they have always delivered fast.

As to the cleaning cloth, I use a soft cotton cloth to remove fingerprints and stuff, and mild soap and water if it's really grungy (like the fungili-crap that gets in the band). Just take the cloth, wet it with the soap and water, THEN wipe the watch. I wouldn't stick it under the faucet or throw it in the sink unless you were VERY sure it's waterproof.

Now, this part is IMPORTANT!!!!! DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT wipe a TT (plated) rep with a Cape Cod cloth, Nev-R-Dull or ANY type of cloth or cleaner that has abrasives or chemicals in it..............unless you want your TT watch to become a SS watch; the harder you rub, the more gold comes off, and FAST. It'll shine, but it won't be gold any more!

I usually throw a light coat of auto wax for clear-coat finishes (no abrasives) on after cleaning.

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
Ruby has super rep boxes for watches..
Amazing stuffs
you just give her email..
She will give you satisfaction for good things!

Life is Good!
Klink

Klink

Banned
15/3/06
@JUNGLISTluder,
that is a nice case! Price is good too.

Cheers,
K

HairSping42

5/4/06
Klink said:
@JUNGLISTluder,
that is a nice case! Price is good too.

Cheers,
K

Yeah, I'm thinking it was a worthwhile purchase.

We'll see. Maybe I'll have to do a full review (with photos, of course) when I get it. :wink:

cwai02

Renowned Member
16/3/06
For the reps that I like the most, I ll put them in genuine box.

Klink

Banned
15/3/06
Aston

If buy case like that one, muat have fitted boot
to the Aston Martin!

pricey but nicey!!

K

exper

29/3/06
Haha pricey but nicely indeed ! :)

box1.jpg

box2.jpg

box3.jpg

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
I'm searching and searching for a one level, 24 watch case just like Tanfoglio has. He posted his remarkable collections on the other boards. I've scoured Ebay and every site I'm aware of that sells watch cases without luck. Tanfoglio said he got his on Ebay and it appears that was a once in a lifetime appearance. :(

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
That's a rare box. Been looking and couldn't find it too. My friend can do a custom for me but the price is too high IMHO.

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
mann...

The panerai BOXes look really good. Is that genuine ? or DIY ? or custom made? I would like to have one..but like you said...its pricey eh ? ..

how sad :(:( I will just keep looking...

Well..All my watches..I put it in a plastic bag...and put it nicely in my cupboard...

down here very hard to get nice cheap boxes...Its all in the USA that I saw on ebay that sell cheap boxes... but usually sorry No International Buyer / bidders ...We dont ship Internationally...

:(:(

sevomd

Renowned Member
31/3/06
I agree Tanfo's box is exquisite, but for me and other Pam enthusiasts, The size of the individual spaces are too small.

And Moggio, if you check out Acetimer on ebay, they ship out of Hong Kong I believe, so I don'tb think they would have a problem shipping to down under.

Eddy

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
ermm

I like the Panerai Large Box that -exper- have..really look nice...would love to have that ...but like he said...its pricey...

bam rock

8/4/06
Those cases are really sharp. I like the ones with the panerai badge on it. I would actually like to build one. I think that would be a nice little project and then I can make it to spec with color and size and all of that sort. I wonder where I could pick up the felt to line the case and also those round watch holder pillows that they use. I have no clue what they're called. Do you think you can purchase those seperately? I'm sure that you can. Any advice on where to locate them?

D

d4m.test

Too expensive for me.
This is a case my wife gave to me a few years ago. It's a little smaller than I'd prefer but it keeps them from getting dusty.

eb36724958.jpg
[/url]

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
LOL

Collector...it looks like you are a dealer..LOL ..thats quite huge collection there....from the look at your watches collection...are you a watch dealer? or been a watch dealer before this ?

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
@mog: Yes he was a watch dealers and retired. Switching biz to selling motorcycle parts.