• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Carrera 1887 2014 edition

spiritdreams

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/5/14
Hi guys

I have just received the QC photo for the new Carrera 1887.

All looks good, with the exception of the date window, which looks to me to be aligned to the top, what do you guys think? could it just be the angle where the photo was taken.

spiritdreams

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/5/14
The sunburst effect doesn't look to be painted, which was my original concern.

The red paint on second and on the pushers is not as red as the gen, other than that, it all looks good.

The logo looked exactly the same as the current model, which also looks like a sticker.

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
the dial, is it the same color and tone than the genuine? I think it seems to close to the gen, right?

viais

Looking Around
21/11/12
The sunburst effect doesn't look to be painted, which was my original concern.

The red paint on second and on the pushers is not as red as the gen, other than that, it all looks good.

The logo looked exactly the same as the current model, which also looks like a sticker.

I was looking for this watch.. and I saw a video from Pure time.. where the "red paint" looks more like "orange"..

where did you get this pictures/watch from?

thewatchdog

26/6/14
IMHO they havnt been able to make real good reps of tags yet. There are always few problems.
Nowhere near as good as say the omegas are today.

Wilazn

Renowned Member
21/12/11
IMHO they havnt been able to make real good reps of tags yet. There are always few problems.
Nowhere near as good as say the omegas are today.

There has been plenty of good tag reps. The tiger woods golf quartz watch, the chrono link 2010, the aquaracer 500m, 2014 aquaracer ceramic.

italdream

Horology Curious
20/2/11
I was at an AD a few days ago and I fell in love with a 1887 with a gray strap.
I have done hours of research and cannot seem to find a good 1887 rep, or any decent calibre for what matters.
I mean, coming from PAMS with so many good choices, it is really hard.
Any suggestion? I like the look of most watches in TH calibre line. The only allegedly decent rep with a similar look seems to be the 300 slr, although a carrera would be preferable to me.
Any suggestion about a good calibre rep or where to find a decent alternative with a similar look?
It seems that the 1887 and the 16 reps have so many easy tells...

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
In the gen gray dial the color within the logo is also gray. In this seems to be black, is this correct?

This pic is a gen. See the logo:

a3781c6a.jpg

The clasp logo (letter A) is also wrong. is it possible to get a better clasp? mayve fron another tag rep bracelet?

philkay

Known Member
14/5/14
Yes, the logo on grey rep is wrong, thats why many of us got the black dial instead

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
Thanks philkay. is there some post where the black version is showed or reviewed?

Regarding the letter A in the clasp. Is it possible to get a correct clasp?

Yes, the logo on grey rep is wrong, thats why many of us got the black dial instead

funkmaster

Looking Around
13/9/14
very nice watch. I am looking for the blackface one. Where did you purchase yours from?

Marcuslen

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
1/5/13
Its incredible how these reps are close to gen.