• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can watchmodders do this?

John71

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
23/3/12
I have purchased a SubC from puretime, and I read the 'hour markers' are to small, and I want to have bigger ones, can this be done by a watchmaker or do I need new 'dots' to apply on the dial? This is want I mean :

AAjnfl.jpg

I have the watch on the right but need the hour markers on the left, can this be done without buying new markers, like for example just by adding some more lume? If not , where can I get the bigger markers?

Thanks!

slied013

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/6/09
You have to buy another dial and swap the round hour markers

sneed12?

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/11
Why bother swapping the markers? Why not just swap the entire dial? It's far easier.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Because there is no submariner dial with really good markers, only dial i have ever seen is the DSSD V7 dial.

John71

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
23/3/12
But are the TC ones not for a 16610 sub? Or do they fit ceramic ones?

Would be great if somebody knew who sold a dial like which would fit the superclone I bought..

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Have you checked the GMTIIC dials. They seem to have larger dial markers.

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
Honestly, I don't see a huge difference between the two dials in the original post. You would be getting a sliver more of lume with the other dial but overall the markers appears to be the same size on both dials. I think the only difference is the thickness of the silver outline on the edge of the marker.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Honestly, I don't see a huge difference between the two dials in the original post. You would be getting a sliver more of lume with the other dial but overall the markers appears to be the same size on both dials. I think the only difference is the thickness of the silver outline on the edge of the marker.

Some rep owners have a tendency towards being, what's the word, ummm, anal. Yes, that's it.

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
Well, if that is the case I would consider the following options:

Buy a better version of the watch - sell the other one

Wait for a better dial to pop up in the classifieds

If you could find the right markers, a modder could relume everything to match

Dan_189

Known Member
1/7/12
Dial markers are excellent but is that the correct spacing for OYSTER from what I've seen the R of OYSTER should end in the middle of the R for ROLEX, correct me if I'm wrong.