• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can this strap be salvaged?

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
Okay, I will admit that this is in no way a rep, primarily because it's not something that anyone would WANT to copy. But I have a question about making it usable for humans. I was looking for an unconventional watch for my stepson. I think that I got it, but even I have to admit that this strap is ridiculous. I must have been mad at him at the time. I'm pretty sure that I can trim down either side of the strap without compromising the part that the dial is attached to, but how does one finish the raw edges of the leather?

P1040531.jpg

P1040532.jpg

manydivers

Known Member
16/8/06
The lug width of the watch does not match the strap at all, it looks about 4mm larger than the strap.
Your best leaving the strap as is. You need a new strap that fits the watches lug width properly.

/mds.

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
Thanks for the idea. Actually that bit of leather you're seeing between the lugs is not the strap itself, but a strip of material that's holding the watch to the body of the strap. It's a fairly complicated-looking mess. Maybe it was designed by someone who had been drinking.

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
i would guess you are a submissive slave ?

lol.....please no offense, it just popped into my mind....because i see guys in Frisco with those things on....

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
No offense at all--I bought it for my stepson, thinking that it might something rebellious and cool, but yes, I do think that it's a shame that someone split up the set and sold the whip, leather mask, and ball gag separately.