• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Called out when wearing a rep?

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I was ass raped at an Arby's for wearing a rep Breitling.

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
9fca02aa62b5b13e51ec7a2f4ca787c9.jpg

bustex

Horology Curious
24/4/16
Yea so far anyone hardly ever looks at my wrist. Not that common here in the states from what Ive heard/seen.

djclint7

Known Member
14/5/16
Yeah, I would assume it really depends on how you present yourself...working at Arby's flippin burgers would really have someone questioning. I am actually ordering the same watch. Great choice in my opinion.

PecMan

4/5/09
I look like a millonaire ... and you can see a big bump when wearing my skinny jeans ...so no one notice my watches

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
I wear vans. Consistently. No idea why, but I love them. I never get asked, ever. But also, they see my name badge as I'm at work 90% of the time. So they never think anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hyjynx

28/9/13
If your name is stuck on your clothes as opposed to your office door, nobody will ask if the luxury watch you're wearing is fake. That is already implied. They're thinking it, they're just not saying it. [emoji6]

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
If your name is stuck on your clothes as opposed to your office door, nobody will ask if the luxury watch you're wearing is fake. That is already implied. They're thinking it, they're just not saying it. [emoji6]

In all fairness, I wear an id tag all day everyday [emoji6] but that's just for security clearance. but then again, I am wearing a rep [emoji848] haha

nothing beats the Best Buy worker I had wearing an AE special sub. Saw mine, and his watch was hidden from view the entire transaction!!

peterpl

24/7/11
I wear a Billionaire Boys Club hoodie and an AP Rubens II all the time - never been called out cause I look like a bum

PecMan

4/5/09
I can stuff a sock down my jeans and make a rep bump.

But I don't have to. ;)

But...how did u know? My wife was wondering wtf was the smell on the socks, she said ..but i just washed them !! Then she saw the redish hairs on it

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
You are going about life all wrong if strangers perceive you as being approachable enough to ask about your watch :)

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Dude, idk what it is.. But people approach me consistently for the dumbest things.. I hate it. I need to learn the resting bitch face (her words) the Mrs has nailed, as she says all the time.

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
I agree, lol!

However, I have a couple instances.

First was my own. I was out to dinner with a vendor rep, a nice place, and the waiter was wearing what looked like a Bluesy. I couldn't get a close enough look until he brought out the salad course, and it turned out to be an Invicta, lol. I am glad I didn't say anything but I felt bad and wanted to tell him about RWI, but in the end I didn't. Next time I go there I will tell him to check it out, lol.

Second was yesterday, I was going over some information with my office manager, and even though I am left handed, I wear my watch on my left hand for two reasons, can you guess what they are? LOL First is because I like the way my watches look with my wedding ring, so there's that. But the second reason is definitely the more important reason, it's because the crown faces out on all standard watches (non-destro's lol) and that means the laser beam will shoot out of it when you aim it, because of course I started wearing a watch when I was a kid after seeing James Bond do the same thing, duh.

But back to my point, when writing something down showing her some information, she noticed my Sub-C and said, "I didn't know you wore a Rolex, that's really nice." But as it is a rep and I don't like to seem pretentious at the office (even though I might be lol) I told her straight out it was fake and I just wore it because it looks really nice. She agreed and that was that.

But other than my wife, she is the only person to even notice the watches I wear. So I would say out of the thousands of potential interactions you may have in life, 1 out of 1000 will say something about your watch, at least in the US. So wear them because they make you happy!

And crown outward so you can shoot lasers at bag guys, don't ever forget that!!!

Reactions: Yadda Yadda