• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buff 5167A dial

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
I totaly agree. Good to know i am not the only one who think the sw or buff lume make the dial look more fake. The 3kf dial other then the more greenish , the QC looks closer to gen. and with buff hands , the hand and dial really do match in most conditions since buff hands is super bright . Even the smallest light will make it glow.
so both sw and buff dials are worse than 3k stock dials?

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
zPDXT4.png

^^ Gen pic for reference.

This looks done by machining, due to the edges and perfectly domed lume bubbles. I personally don't think hand luming would get this level of precision. Best to wait.

3KF dial has lume that's too yellow, and the bubbles aren't raised enough, but is the best currently available from the hour index perspective. It's still not a very good dial though overall for a couple of main reasons.

ZF dial is not glossy and not raised enough, but is still better than BUFF/SWF.

All that said SWF has better sunburst than ZF and 3KF, but is a $500 upgrade that has stickers for lume.
Really? Stickers for Luke? That is ridiculous considering that sw dials are blatantly pricy.

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
zPDXT4.png

This looks done by machining, due to the edges and perfectly domed lume bubbles. I personally don't think hand luming would get this level of precision. Best to wait.

3KF dial has lume that's too yellow, and the bubbles aren't raised enough, but is the best currently available from the hour index perspective. It's still not a very good dial though overall for a couple of main reasons.

All that said SWF has better sunburst than ZF and 3KF, but is a $500 upgrade that has stickers for lume.

So 3KF dial with buff hands? Or just 3kf dial with reluming? I know that AMF includes reluming as part of their modding package so could be one of the better options out there...

Wrapped

Horology Curious
30/8/22
zPDXT4.png

So right now would the best option for a Tiffany stamped 5167 be to go stock 3KF and have a modder stamp it (in combo w/ buff hands & date wheel)? Or would it just make more sense to order a full buff set including dial?

Reactions: dashindark

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Did anybody buy that SW dial and can canfirm if that using adhesive on numerals becomes a problem?

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
which one do you prefer?

The sunburst on the SWF looks more accurate. It's more muted. But I prefer the numbers and shape of the hour markets on the Buff, which I really think they've nailed.

This whole "stickers for lume" thing on SWF has rubbed me the wrong way but I'm hoping to get some additional, close up photos. I'll share when I get them.

Reactions: dashindark

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
The sunburst on the SWF looks more accurate. It's more muted. But I prefer the numbers and shape of the hour markets on the Buff, which I really think they've nailed.

This whole "stickers for lume" thing on SWF has rubbed me the wrong way but I'm hoping to get some additional, close up photos. I'll share when I get them.
A clearer way to compare the two: whereas the sunburst feels glossy on Buff, the lume feels glossy on SW

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
Buff dial is actually pretty matte in most lighting . Unless u are under yellowish spot lights. The picture doesnt show its real look . Also the light greenish marker and hands also does match 2015-2016 gen

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
Buff dial is actually pretty matte in most lighting . Unless u are under yellowish spot lights. The picture doesnt show its real look . Also the light greenish marker and hands also does match 2015-2016 gen
Then sounds like buff dial is closest in your eyes?